Which soap did you use today?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by crackstar, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Mama Bear's Rosemary Mint Stick

Smoothy likes this.
  2. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

D.R Harris - Marlborough
    Love that scent

Llyr and Smoothy like this.
  3. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

Haven't shaved today. Will use Arko stick, VdH, Godrej shave round, or Indian Old Spice cream.
    Use Ivory when I shave in shower with Atra. Wash face, hair, and body with Ivory.
    Then, rub Ivory bar all over my face, until I have a nice, slick, slimy layer of Ivory soap all over my face.
    Rub it around with my hand.
    Shave. No brush needed.
    Thinking about grating and smashing a bar of Ivory into my shave mug to try shaving with it as a mug soap.
    I'd have done it already, if I didn't like Arko and VdH so much.

Even thought about grating 1/2 bar Ivory and 1 stick Arko and mixing/mashing them together in my mug.

4. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

Palmolive stick. Simple, effective, great performer!

Llyr, Smoothy and jeraldgordon like this.
  5. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Face lather with Mikes Natural Barbershop! I have yet to try any soap that outperforms Mikes. Although, if I live to be 150, I won't probably run out of new soaps to try...

6. The Madscraper

The Madscraper New Member

Best soap yet, for me, has been Ray's of Colorado Bay Rum.

7. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Tabac stick

8. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Sapone di Bara Vegetale alla Mandorla has been my shave soap of choice for the past 3 days. And will be for the coming 3 days.

Llyr likes this.
  9. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Fore Tuesday's shave I chose TFS Barbe Rosa {a sample}
    Incredible croap very slick.

Llyr likes this.
  10. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I used the C&S 88 again today. Not nearly as intense as the Oxford and Cambridge but I did pick up scent this time around, nice and light. Fine soaps, IMO.

Llyr likes this.
  11. ChrisC1977

ChrisC1977 Well-Known Member

I broke out the Williams soap for today's shave!

Llyr likes this.
  12. ChrisC1977

I remember looking at these soaps on his website. Glad you like it. I am thinking about getting some samples to try.

Llyr likes this.
  13. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Folgefonn from Fitjarsoaps
    Pretty good.

Llyr likes this.
  14. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Tuesday: Arko Stick
    Wednesday: The Fat (face lathered)

15. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Wednesday's choice; A sample of R-160

Llyr likes this.
  16. NukeLaloosh

NukeLaloosh Active Member

Speaking of Razorock, Razorock Boston Tea Party today. Wow am I a fan of that stuff.

Llyr likes this.
  17. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Castle Forbes Lavendar....great cream and used my Futur silvertip brush for a wonderful cold day lather

Llyr likes this.
  18. Pablojoven

Pablojoven New Member

I use Art of Shaving sandalwood. Overpriced but awesome if you don't mind splurging!

Llyr likes this.
  19. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

For showering I primarily use South Of France's Lavender bar soap. It's HUGE, tripple milled, cleansing but never stripping, and washes away clean while leaving you moisturized as best as any soap can. The scent is heavenly and all natural. Currently though, I'm working through a Pre de Provence lavender bath soap. It's a fantastic soap, but it's loaded with the dried flower buds of the lavender plant. The dried flowers add a little exfoliation and you'll never drop the bar on your toes, but I find they come off and get into my chest, leg and arm hair, requiring extra rinsing and time. It's a fantastic soap, but I would recommend it more for women or guys who have little body hair. South Of France brand is cheaper for a comparably sized bar and has no flower buds in it. I'd love to South Of France make a shaving soap!!! Pre de Provence fortunately makes one of the finest shave soaps I've tried.

As for my shave today, I used Cella soft soap and a Simpsons Commodore X1. Happy Shaving! ....and bathing.

Llyr likes this.
  20. ChrisC1977

Today I used Omega. A nice lathering soap with a slight cooling effect with the eucalyptus. Capture.JPG

Llyr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.