Which Synthetic?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by dustmite, Oct 5, 2016.

1. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

Fwiw Stirling is closing out some summer scents and some blemished synthetic brushes.

Demidog and PickledNorthern like this.
  2. champagneinhand

champagneinhand Well-Known Member

I ordered the Plisson. Just to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demidog and PickledNorthern like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Last brush you'll ever wonder why you didn't use it this whole time.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  4. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: I fully intended to take pics, but completely forgot until I finished up, and I am too lazy to do it now!

My package arrived yesterday, but the evening was a bit too hectic to do anything more than sniff. Tonight, I loaded up a Feather in the new razor, just to take away one variable, and proceeded to lather the Stirling Sandalwood with my new Stirling synthetic. I'm completely impressed by both products! I think sandalwood might make the top of the list for scents for me. The brush built a terrific lather very quickly, and held enough for at least 4 full passes. Problem was, I ended up BBS after 2, with absolutely no touch ups needed. This razor just might knock my Red Tip to the silver medal spot. Alum provided just a bit of tingle, no burn, and I finished with the Mountain Man. If the aftershave gets a nod of approval from SWMBO, I'll order a full size bottle. Once again, I'm completely satisfied with my Stirling order. Excellent company, and outstanding products.

5. champagneinhand

champagneinhand Well-Known Member

Razorrock plisson arrived from Italian Barber today. Color me very impressed. Might shave with it in the morning. I'll snap a picture before. Just really soft and nicely made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Glad it worked out so well. I love Rod's sandalwood!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk