Who else cuts their own hair?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by DaveTheWave81, Jul 18, 2015.

1. DaveTheWave81

DaveTheWave81 Member

No but it looks very useful.

gwsmallwood likes this.
  2. vmarks

vmarks Active Member

Where did the neck guard come from?
    I have been using clippers and asking for help with the neck.

I want a neck guard.

DaveTheWave81 likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

And they said that it would be a waste for you to go to barbering school. :(

DaveTheWave81 and cmorris357 like this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Erik Redd, Troy M, Dzia Dzia and 3 others like this.
  5. DaveTheWave81

DaveTheWave81 Member

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I cut sections of it when they stick out WAY over the rest. For this problem, I love the sign at my barbershop-We Repair Homemade Haircuts.

Hodge likes this.
  7. shaver862

shaver862 New Member

8. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

While I was studying, money was definitely nothing I had excess of. The closet in the bathroom had mirrors inside the doors, so I took a comb, scissors and openend both doors so I could see behind my head and I went to work. After that I cut my own hair until I got married. Then my wife took over the hair cutting.

Nowadays I only cut my own hair if my wife has not had time to do it.

9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I do. My wife shaves my neck.

10. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

My longtime barber passed away about 10 years ago. I'd been going to him since I was under 2 years of age. When he died, I bought a cheap cordless clipper and got after it. Now, I don't even bother with the clippers, except to clear out the hair in my nose and ears. DE every few days and I am good to go.

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I cut my own hair for many years. But I have been shaving it for about 4 years now.

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Just buzzed my hair last night. Wahl clippers, everything except the top with 1/4" attachment, then the top itself with 1/2". Wife straightened the back. Said it before and will say it again...saves me well over $100 a year, though do go in annually (or so) to get it overhauled by a barber.

13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I cut my own hair for years. I recently decided to grow it out so I have been going to the barbershop to get it trimmed. I also have my GF trim up the back of my neck with clippers in between haircuts.

14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Its been home haircuts for 10+ years for me. Ive got a cheapo Walmart trimmer which I use with the 3/8" attachment. The wife has become my barber.

15. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

gorgo2 likes this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

$25 for the works? How's the straight shave?

17. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

It is technically a shavette due to State regs, but Vinny and Doug wield it with pretty good skill. Hot towel, prep, and all the little extras.

Fun place.

Metro and Weeper Warrior like this.