Who loves Derby Extra DE Razor Blade?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by melyus, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

You can just get em straight from the company (probably for a lot less then any vendor anyway).

2. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Don't love 'em but used them a good deal when I began my second traditional shaving life about a year ago.

Have found a couple other blades that work better for me but would not be afraid to recommend the Derby Extra to anyone to try. Like some one said YMMV and so it did with me.

Hope you continue to get great shaves with the Derby blades.

3. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Oh yeah. Red flags abound here. :rolleyes:

4. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Derby is the only brand of blade that I use. I get 5 shaves per blade. I’ve tried others (Swedes, Feather, Merkur, Israelis, Persona, Wilkinson, etc…) and I’ve found that Derby is best for me. I guess I’m lucky that they also happen to be cheap and easily obtainable.

5. Kratos

Kratos New Member

I'm right there with you. I usually get one excellent shave and then they are done. Kind of like a Satm night special kind of blade. Now Astra's, on the other hand...

6. npinn001

npinn001 New Member

I havnt tried enough to comment properly, but i have used:

Merkur - came with razor - blugh!
    Shaving Shack Israeli Freebies - Not so hot for me, felt irritated and pulled rather than cut.
    Derbys - smooth.

Need to keep trying but derby winning for me.

7. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

Derbys are excellent blades IMO and, in the states, well-priced.

I personally prefer Dorco Blues (ST300) - just because they're cheaper and I can't tell the difference.

8. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I'm with you, simply can't tell the difference, except for Gillette blade. My skin can't stand Gillette.

9. Special_K

Special_K New Member

I'm a newbie and heard quite a few suggestions to start with Derby blades so that is what I am doing. So far its a good shave but I think my beard is to thick and wiry to get a really close shave from the derbys.....but what do i know.

10. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Dont talk bad about chevys like that!

11. maxpower

maxpower Member

I have only tried about 5% (or less) of all the blades out there.

IP, Crystal, Dollar store brand, Feathers, Merkurs and Derby. My favorite are the Derbys.

12. Heimskringla

Heimskringla New Member

I used Derby's for a month and I liked them. I really prefer Dorco ST-301's though.

13. akhorosh

akhorosh New Member

They are fine blades, but not the best ones.

14. rbaloha

rbaloha Member

Very good blade for the price. Responds well to stropping. Inconsistent blades in a pack.

15. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i love lamp.

16. Will

Will Nevermind

Ummmmmmmmm mayonnaise.