Why I love the shave den.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Veg, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Veg

Veg Well-Known Member

I thought today I would share just a little on why I love the shave den.

1) The friendly laid back attitude.
    people in the shave den are helpful with advice, but there isn't the sometimes overbearing dogmatic attitude often found elsewhere on the internet.
    2) No elitist attitude regarding gear.
    I personally enjoy finding inexpensive to moderate priced gear that does the job. In the shave den I find others that enjoy this type of gear as well. Other places you see more of an elitist attitude that only the very most vintage or latest and greatest gear is worthy of discussion.
    3) Helpful to new wet shavers.
    Yes advice can be had at many locations on the internet, but in the shave den members are helpful to newbies, they do not talk down to them or dismiss their questions as silly. Also members patiently answer questions that have been raised many times because to a newbie all of this is well new.
    4) Sense of humor.
    Many members of the shave den are quite funny. They enjoy their shaves, enjoy talking shaving but they keep in mind that it is shaving we are discussing not life and death.
    5) The shave den lets me vent my excess shaving talk with someone that's interested.
    I know my wife appreciates not having to hear all I would like to say regarding shaving.

For these and many other reasons I love the shave den.

2. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Well said, and I have to agree with you. The den is a special brotherhood, and great place to share experiences. Your 2nd point is what turned me away from other places. I don't want to feel like I have to keep up with an elite buyers group, especially when the goal is a close comfortable shave. I recently surpassed my 1 year mark as a member, and look forward to many more. Thanks for sharing.

hippiebrian, wmbjr, Rufus T. and 7 others like this.
  3. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Great post! My sentiments exactly! These are the reasons I landed here, rather than the other sites. As a semi-professional lurker, I evidenced some rather bad behavior on the other sites with some regularity; I have yet to witness that here. No reason to visit the"other" forums:)

hippiebrian, wmbjr, Rufus T. and 7 others like this.
  4. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

All the reasons I'm still here for almost six years.

6. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I have to agree with you. I visit other sites on occasion but this is home. There are some very knowledgeable folks here and they are friendly and will share over and over again with a smile. That is not easy to find. And we have some fun along the way.

7. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

I give a hearty agreement to all the points!!

8. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

I was just on another site the other day and within a few minutes I came back over here. To much negativity.

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I'm here because I'm banned most everywhere else.

Also, I come here for the cookies.

Shaver X, hippiebrian, wmbjr and 12 others like this.
  10. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

There are cookies?!
    I participate in a forum that thinks it is not hostile or dogmatic. I think they fall short. This forum actually seems to be more like the image the other has of itself. :kngt:

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

We're glad you're here, Veg!

12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I started out with not only a bad case of RAD, but a bad case of FAD and signed up for four forums. This forum quickly became my favorite and in fact is the only one I have donated to. You guys have been great. Thank you!

13. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Im only here for #5 reason.......

Ok, maybe #4 too, lol

14. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Well said!

15. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I come here because I like lists.

And pie.

16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

VERY WELL SAID!! :happy096:. This is a great place because it's filled with friendly, knowledgeable, easy going people, who are eager to share and learn!! Who just happen to LOVE "traditional" shaving. :)

17. Mister C

Mister C Member

A hearty "Amen" to Veg's list. And I agree with everyone else as well. (Except for the cookies which I love but should not have)

PatrickA51, Tdmsu and GDCarrington like this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

This is a great forum. I too have been condescended to elsewhere, but never here. I will add a couple more reasons:
    1)This is the one shaving forum on which I have found info for women.
    2) Many posters are also gifted crafters, from whom I have learned much.

19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :rofl:

20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm here because everyone loves penguins. the dark chocolate covered krill is just a bonus.