wilkinson sword brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by labarbe, Feb 3, 2011.

1. labarbe

labarbe New Member

have been using this brush for several months with more or less satisfactory results. would anyone know if it's boar or synthetic ? unlikely to be badger at the price it sells for.

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Would it be the brush below? If so, the product page says:

So me thinks it is boar dyed to look like badger.

[​IMG]

3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Definately looks like a sketched boar. Didn't know Wilkinson was in the brush business.

4. labarbe

labarbe New Member

That's the one. Picked it up at Walmart for less than $5.-. Does the job but regardless of how you dry it, always ends up disheveled with the bristles tending to go off in several directions. For the price can't really complain.

5. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Definitely Boar, I have purchased a few of these to make starter kits for friends.
    Actually used one myself for a while.
    Good brush for $5
    You can get the brush and Wilkinson Blue tub soap for under $10 @ Walmart Canada
    But you cant buy blades there

6. Paul_D

Paul_D Member

Boar.
    They are cheap ...but adequate. OK with soap. Not bad as a spare or a travel brush

7. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

I've had one for almost 20 years. It has served me wonderfully.

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

This is a boar brush. I like the handle design (I know, I know most people want a round handle). I wish that this was a better brush. It sheds and does not hold water well. There are many good boar brushes that stand out ahead of this for not much more cost. Even my Burma Shave brush (first brush I used) was better. Since I got the Tweezerman, that became my go to brush and this sits on the shelf behind several other brushes.

Again, I wanted this to be better than it was, but it wasn't.

9. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

I also like the handle design. It doesn't bother me a bit that it isn't round. I must have a well-glued brush, because shedding has never been an issue - it seems as thick as when it was new, which was almost 20 years ago. I will agree, however, that it's not exactly a water sponge...