Williams DE Razor..........yes DE Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dave in KY, May 26, 2021.

1. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Williams Wednesday Shave !!

Wednesday May 26, 2021
    Razor: Williams DE Razor
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
    Brush: Williams/Synthetic Re-Knot
    Soap: Vintage Williams Stick
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Williams Aqua Velva
    Fragrance: CK One
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 931

Williams Razor came in yesterday just in time for this weeks Williams shave. I grated one of my Vintage Williams pucks to make a shave stick for a Stick Container I've had. I got it because I thought it was cool with the leather wrap and logo as well as a sticker from being sold in Philadelphia and I was born and raised near there in the burbs. Great shave and did a video to show how the razor opens to load the blade. Have a stupid fun day out there folks !

IMG_20210525_174319433.jpg

palmolive fox, BigD, brit and 6 others like this.
  2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

So awesome! Haven't seen a Williams Razor in many years! And unfortunately it's one that I have never been able to obtain myself. It's just a very unique design. One day...

Sidenote: I have seen another one exactly like it, about 9 or 10 years ago, on eBay but it was not branded Williams so I didn't bother trying to win it. I can't recall now the brand it did have.

Also, the leather wrapped Williams shave stick... Very nice collectible. I did have one of those at one time but I PIF'd it away to someone who really wanted one. From what I recall when doing some research based on old advertisements, the leather wrapped containers were from around the very late 1800s into the very early 1900s.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Dave in KY like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Veddy veddy nice. A unmentionable that I can really get behind!! Thanks for showing off. That shave stick is just awesomelicious.

Dave in KY likes this.
  4. Dave in KY

I've seen them listed as "W" razors too because people don't know what it is. Thanks

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. Dave in KY

Thanks Fuzzy

6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The design may not have originated in the US. The one you saw mostly was one of these versions sold overseas without the W on them like this one pictured below that are patented in Italy and Germany. I believe these were produced in England.
    991286-397cc1ac48dcadd16af3a2f66d75fe00.jpg 991288-2dd90ea282659a06cbde1d4b88896517.jpg

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  7. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Interesting. Those use a cap to hold the handle closed. I've never seen that before. The Williams/W ones and the one I saw without any branding all used the pinch/snap open/close handle ends. Other than that though, pretty much the same design. Very cool!

Dave in KY and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

First I've heard of that style though not surprising. I'd bet 5 of your dollars that all these razors were produced by the same company.

Dave in KY and IAmTheJody like this.