William's Mugg Soap sucks

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Dr. Fitness, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

:eatdrink047 *hickkk* I don feel so good :sick007

2. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

+1

It was able to compete with the likes of Yardley, and Old Spice, because at one point it was a fine product, that lathered easily, and there was even a variation with a nice rose scent.

It didn't become it's present disaster of a product until a couple of reformulations later.

I think it continues to survive in the market place, not because it is a good product, but because a lot of those using it don't know other products exist; it may be the only traditional shaving soap available locally for quite a few people.

I am sure there are ways of making Williams work (superlather with KMF Unscented for example), but I don't happen to think it is worth the effort, when the product smells like bug dope, and VDH costs only a few pennies more.

~John~

3. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

That's exactly why I used it. Without the internet on which to order competing products, most folks, myself included, bought what was available at the local drug store. And still today, it's not a terrible product and no question it gets the job done. But with other products easily available, many like other products better.

Frankly, I don't get this argument that people who do not choose to use it lack skill or technique. What's that about?

4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I must be the only one who think Williams works fine but stinks something terrible.

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It seems that most of the arguments against the"Mug" is that they can not get it to lather properly. That is a technique issue. If you do not like it because of the scent that is one thing. Saying that it can not be lathered and that the lather is weak and dries out is like blaming the hammer cause they miss the nail.

I ,and several people I know, can lather it just as easy as any of my other soaps.. and I do mean any. If it is not liked because of the scent so be it.... but lets not run down a product because we are unable to properly use it.

But just to put it into perspective... I also like manual transmissions. Pump shotguns.. revolvers, Drip o Lator coffee pot's or stove top percolators, and SE razors.

Heck I even like local bought SE blades like Treet and Gem Blue stars and use the Dollar General DE blades. All with good results. As good as I get with Ted Pella SE's and any of the more popular brands of DE blades. (there is a thread around here somewhere about all that.)

Fuzzy

6. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to trust anything you say ever again:D (kidding)

7. DesertTime

At least it wasn't instant coffee. That would be akin to using an electric razor.
    :D

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Heh... I know poop in a cup it has been called:D
    Even I won't drink that stuff.. YUCKKKKKK.:cool:

and electric razors are great..for shearing sheep.....(Bahhhhhhhhhh)

Fuzzy

9. MsBlackwolf

No, they aren't even good for that, let alone great.

10. MsBlackwolf

No you are not the only one. I said I can make it lather just fine, I didn't say anything about liking the scent. There are some pretty nice smelling soaps and creams out there, Williams isn't one of them.

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Apparently my nose does not work so good either.... cause it smells ok to me.. but then again I like pinaud Special Reserve and lilac Vegital also.:eek:

Fuzzy

12. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Ah-ha! Now that answers a lot of questions that I had. :scared003

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

::duel::kar::sesel:transport024

14. MsBlackwolf

And the blue toilet water colorant known as AV!

somethin wrong with that wabbit

15. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Ehem... There will be none of THAT young lady! :rolleyes005

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That's my line.. but I am ok with you using it under those conditions.:D

Fuzzy

17. MsBlackwolf

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup right there beside Haint...:D

Fuzzy

19. MsBlackwolf

I am loved, life is good :)

Haint!! bring back my wallet you little S#!+

20. DesertTime

LOL.

I need to look further down the emote list. Very cool one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.