Williams & Palmolive Green

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Straight Arrow, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

When Palmolive went on clearance at CVS I bought a ton of both the red and the green tubes. I like the red and use it frequently. The green tube is a brushless cream and I don't really care for it by itself. However...and I cannot emphasize this enough...Palmolive green used in combination with Williams soap yields one helluva great shaving lather. It's so easy. I just whip up some Williams, a bit on the wet side, and then add a slurt of the Palmolive green and whip it good. Voila! Wonderful stuff. I wish someone else would try this and confirm my high regard for how well it works. It's one of my favorite lathers and I use it at least two or three times a week.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

IN TIME!

I have the Green tube and will pick up some Williams shave soap the next time I am out and report back to you. :D

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:happy001

Thats hilarious man.

I'll give it a try for sure.....I have a half-dozen (each) or so of the Palmo's laying around, I'm sure I can spare a few "slurts"

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Well, bud, I gave the williams a try with both the Green and the Red.

Results:

1) Green -> Kills the lather, gunks up the brush

2) Red -> Creates incredible superlather, reminds me of the slickness of JM Fraser -> Kills the whisker

*Note: As a reminder, it DOES say on the Palmolive tubes to apply on top of pre-soaped-beard