Williams vs. Vintage Williams.......

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by southernscribbler, Dec 8, 2011.

1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

It just keeps getting worse! The Williams Tonsorial you threw away is the Holy Grail of vintage Williams.

<staggers to the bathroom for some aspirin and a cold washcloth>

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Hate to tell you this but there were actually two identical pucks. One I used once and then I just chucked the two out. They had to be very old because they were a part of an old lot of barbershop stuff I got on ebay. You know how you just start throwing things out , stuff you figure you are not going to use, I should have thought and simply passed them to another shaver.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Somebody pass Tom a tissue.
    On second thought, just give him the whole box.

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. HoosierTrooper

Hi, this is Mrs. HoosierTrooper. I don't know what's going on but I found him unconscious by his laptop and it was on this screen. When he came to he was mumbling something about tonsils, and a guy named William and gone forever, I don't know but it was very unsettling to see him like this. The crying was the worst part.

Anyway the ambulance just left with him, they seem to think a few days of rest and some medictaion and he should be back to normal soon. I'll keep you posted.

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Tom, all I can do is plead ignorance.:o

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Wife got me Williams Tonsorial 8 pack at estate sale. I also have an old Williams Menthol-looks like it's from the 60's. The Tonsorial is a bit better, both
    completely blow away modern Williams. I've been using the modern Williams in the shower as a bath soap-it's not bad for that, but I'd never shave with it again.

battle.munky and GDCarrington like this.
  7. HoosierTrooper

I'm just having some fun with you.

Hanzo likes this.
  8. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Jeff you might grab you a bottle of the Old Spice Vintage.....my dad gave me a bottle that my great grandmother had bought for him for christmas a looong time ago....bout 20 years ago I believe if not more.....the box set had two bottles...my dad kept one and gave me the other.....the stuff smells GREAT IMO.....I dont wanna blow through it so I use it on special days usually.....he also gave me a small set of Old Spice Cologne and aftershave that are in clear bottles and the liquid is a bright green color...not sure what time period its from but Im pretty sure its old as well...and it smells amazing as well!