Williams Wednesday

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Dave in KY, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

My soap isn't a mug one and I didn't see a dedicated Williams Wednesday Thread and felt there should be one. Feel free to post any Williams shave here but ESPECIALLY on Wednesday :D

Williams Wednesday

Wednesday March 24, 2021
    Razor : Yates H PLate/Tatara Handle
    Blade : Wizamet (4)
    Brush: Mr.EE LE
    Soap: Vintage Williams
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Vintage Williams Aqua Velva
    Fragrance: Paco Rabanne 1 Million

Has been a long time since I used the Yates Precision Razor. I had got a Tatara Handle off the BST not knowing that their threading doesn't run all the way due to their locking method. It drives me nuts when makers design their product not to be universal. Can't thy look at all the Companies in the past that made their product proprietary and fell by the way side because of it. Any way I figured what did I have to lose at this point so took it to the bench grinder and then finished with a file to smooth it out and BOOM I had a handle that will work with my Yates Head as I don't really care for any of their handles. Got a great shave from the razor and would use it more if it was more interchangeable with things. Ironic that both companies make it hard to use other products with theirs but they are now a good match. I like the handle feel and look on this head much better. Vintage Williams Day and great lather was whipped up with the Mr. EE brush that has finally decided to get along with the knot and not spit it out [​IMG] Hit it with the 1 Million and ready for the day. My typical Wednesday Morning and then take my Wife and Mother in Law in for us to all get our 1st shot of the Vaccine (Pfizer) It's up to you so try to, Make it a great day everyone !!

IMG_20210323_210937024.jpg

palmolive fox, Ksblazer and brit like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    You're correct, Dave. I guess I have just looked at it as such for the last 7+ years.

4. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

4 years :) Feel free to have the thread deleted

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021