Witch Hazel users..how do you apply?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by MikekiM, Dec 9, 2011.

1. m_conley

m_conley Member

That's is a great full service gas station. I live in Washington State USA. I often take trips down to Oregon. In Oregon it's state law that requires full service pumping. What full service pumping generally is in Oregon is some high school kid that doesn't give a crap who will let gas leak all over the side of my truck. Well, at least that been my experience. I don't mind paying for full service. I just want to receive good service when I'm paying for it. Seeing this video, I think Oregon state should send gas station attendants to Japan for training.

I'm sorry if I offend any Oregon residents. I'm sure there are some really good gas station attendants to be found. It's just never my luck to find them.

Brian likes this.
  2. Brian

Brian Active Member

It's hard to find a full service anything any more. When I was younger my grandfather told me of when truckstops would fill your truck, wash the windows, check the oil and park your rig while the driver went in for dinner and coffee. That before the larger companies would hire a driver they would have to have had worked at a truckstop in this position. I never seen anything like that for all the years I had been a driver. And as far as barber shops go, I have only had one out standing experience where they pulled out all the stops. That was a little shop up in Ohio, where it was a "living history village". It had a working barber shop where they did everything the same way as they did in the late 18 and early 19 hundreds. The barbers I visit with now to get insight, and see the ins and outs of running a shop seem to be more interested in getting a person and and out of their chair as fast as possible. I hear both sides of the coin from them. People expect you to be quick because everyone is in a hurry, and then the rest fall into the time is money thing. But I have noticed, alot of the older barbers strictly give clipper cuts, saying I don't need to learn any shear work or straight razor skills. But these fellows also seem to turn out one style of hair cut. The peeled onion look. I think if a customer recieves the "little extras" that used to be standard, they would soon learn that the few extra moments of their time would be well spent at their local barber shop. Now with all of the laws about no smoking inside a building it may be a challange to find a fellow who will let you smoke and sip on a beer. But who knows?

Hanzo likes this.
  3. m_conley

m_conley Member

I think a barber you could smoke at is a possibility. In some states, like Washington, you can smoke in private clubs if the employees agree to it. So a barber could say his clients must join his club to enter the establishment. He could charge like $.25 for a 1 day membership and then give a $.25 discount on a hair cut to members. Don't take my word as gospel, but I think this is how the law is in Washington.
    If any barber in the Tumwater, Washington area start allowing this, let me know. :) But I would only go if it's a cigar only smoking barber shop. Yes, I am discriminating against cigarettes.