Witch Hazel Users

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Ryan B, Jan 24, 2013.

1. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I have 1 bottle of Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera here.

[​IMG]

I never used it.Bought it from a guy in our german forum.Is it true that Thayers don´t deliver to Germany?! I heared something like that...Please give me hope...;)

Heared a lot of Thayers.Only very positive meanings...:)

2. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

Chief, you should definitely try it. That is the same bottle I have, it is awesome. You get a quick burn, but it's over pretty fast. Then my skin feels nice and soothed. Heals up small nicks quite well too. Believe me, I know this from bitter, and very recent, experience. Good product.

ChiefShaver likes this.
  3. ChiefShaver

Thank you.I will try it tommorow morning.First wash my face and then i take a good splash of it.Let´s see if Thayers is so good as everyone says. I would like to have the rose scented Thayers...the description is very interesting.:)

4. Lexicon Devil

I should warn you though, when you first use it, it smells like cheap tequila. Sme folks have complained about that. I don't mind it and it's over fast. Besides, some of my best times have involved cheap tequila...at least I think so.

ohpaos, feeltheburn and ChiefShaver like this.
  5. Lexicon Devil

I haven't tried any of the scented ones. I was looking at the lemon one but I wanted to check around to make sure I don't end up smelling like furniture polish.

ChiefShaver likes this.
  6. ChiefShaver

Furniture polish?! :rofl:

I just smelled at my bottle...nothing special i think.Just a tiny bit of Aloe Vera for me.Just dipped my finger and put it on my cheek...feels very nice.Just wondered about the info "Extra Cool"...i felt nothing cooling right now...

crackstar and Lexicon Devil like this.
  7. Lexicon Devil

The effect seems somewhat cooling I guess, I have only tried it after shaving though.

crackstar likes this.
  8. ChiefShaver

Oh,ok...then i have to try it direct after shaving the next time.Since i shaved today now there are about 5 hours ago...

9. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Thank you Sir, I will take a look at it tomorrow. Maybe order a few bottles :)

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

There is sort of a cooling effect. It's pleasant.

ChiefShaver likes this.
  11. ChiefShaver

Yeah,www.iherb.com ... I know it.Maybe i will order the rose scented Thayers during the next days.Sounds quit interesting.In combination with my G.F. Trumpers Rose shaving cream....hmmmm...really nice!!! :)

I have had a look there a few minutes ago...nice prices and the shipping costs to germany are more than okay.

The Rose scented Thayers is "just" a toner...could it be used as an Aftershave as well?!

12. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I have the Rose scent. I use it as an aftershave but I mask it with something else so I don't smell like an old lady. So I guess the answer to your question is both.

ChiefShaver likes this.
  13. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I have this as well and even though I prefer the non-alcohol one, this is still excellent. I use it if I'm going to use a balm afterward to get the astringent properties of the alcohol. Great stuff.

ChiefShaver likes this.
  14. I use Thayer Rose petal, Dickinson's and Ogallala Bay Rum with witch hazel. Great stuff!

ChiefShaver likes this.
  15. vinthechin12

vinthechin12 Active Member

The more I use this product... the more I can not wait to use it. It really heals my face and I am thinking about mixing some cologne in it to make it smell nice. If I were to do this, would I put in cologne that I normally spray on my clothes, or is there a special kind?

16. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I use Clubman (about 50/50 or heavier on WH) and I add M-bomb enough so that I get the cooling effect but not so much that I get a tacky residue on my face. It's a great cheap aftershave. It performs probably close to if not as good as my more expensive DR Harris Sandalwood, but I find the scent of the latter to be much more complex and delightful. My wife still prefers the powdery Clubman so I rotate them depending on the mood IYKWIM (if you know what I mean ;)). (Hey we should add this to the list of acronyms, right next to SWMBO)

JRod22 likes this.
  17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I just started using WH this week, and I like it. Although 14% alcohol, I don't feel it. I use AS after it dries.
    [​IMG]

srpavko likes this.
  18. vinthechin12

vinthechin12 Active Member

I Use the same one. I also so not feel the alcohol.

19. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Since this seems to be a popular thread, I figured I would chip in. :) There are two types of witch hazel, regular witch hazel and alcohol free witch hazel. Both bottles are likely to be labeled 100% witch hazel, but only one will say alcohol free on the label. This is due to the manufacturing process. Regular witch hazel is distilled, which is why it contains alcohol. Alcohol free is extracted, which is why it does not contain alcohol, but it also leaves a slightly tacky residue that some don't care for.

Thayer's is considered the highest quality. The unsented witch hazel also has the least scent of all the witch hazels. what some have described as a tequila scent, and to me smells like charred wood.

Norseman and JRod22 like this.
  20. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Same here.