withdrawn

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by fram773, Sep 26, 2013.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I am not telling you that they are not a good performer for the dollar. I am simply saying they are not horse hair.

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Well believe me I'm not saying your wrong, I just can't figure out why bestshave would do that? It just seems silly to me and dangerous(business wise) because if your correct and bestshave is found out I think they stand to lose "ALOT" of business....I know if what you say is ever proved definatively, I'll "NEVER" do business with them again even if they give stuff away and for what it's worth I'll slam them on any and every forum I can find....:)

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well remember that they do have "leeway" with the ability to use boar hair.

Given the fact that the vast majority of Bestshave customers are U.S. and European it makes sense from what I have found in the earlier statements I posted about selling to non-Islamic customers.

A gent from Turkey who is a "hobbyist brush maker/restorer" like myself mentioned the fact that many Turks know what these brushes are in their own markets and follow the "looser interpretation" and use them with no issues. Now in more strict Islamic countries, this would not fly of course.

Now as to getting worked up over it, remember that Bestshave does provide some very good entry level products at prices we could not get here, so they do serve an overall good purpose to users here. I don't like "lies" about products, so I do see your point and I went on a tear about the bad business practices of another "low price" company on another forum so I know how you feel. I learned a bit from that experience as well. My point is that it is far better to be fully educated on what this really is rather than trying to defend Bestshave's selling point position.

Enjoy the brush, I have two of them (one in wood and one in yellow plastic) and a Shaving Factory brush which has the same knot and I would not consider getting rid of any them. They are good value brushes.

Tdmsu likes this.
  4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Just curious, why do you always say "bagger"?

5. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

And Bestshave probably buys the brushes from a supplier and may think they are horse hair.

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Same reason he calls rabbits "wabbits." He's really Elmer Fudd. ;)

BamaT likes this.
  7. 178-bplatoon

:happy097: Thanks for pointing that out to me Queen..I had no idea I was spelling it completely wrong..I'm just a product of a poor education I guess.....Thank again...:)

8. 178-bplatoon

Well I completely understand what your saying, but I "HATE" being lied to and made to look like a fool,especially to no purpose that I can understand....I can do that well enough all by myself...:) I have written to bestshave and asked about the #6 and was "ASSURED" it was horse...So if in the end I was made to look like a fool especially defending them, well suffice it to say, I do hold a grudge,I seldom forgive and "NEVER" forget...:)

And don't get me wrong I like the brush "VERY" much, no matter what type of hair it's made of, I'm certainly not going to get rid of it, I like other things I've gotten from bestshave also, but if I was made a fool of I'll never buy from bestshave again or talk good about them as a company..If asked a direct question I'll give an honest answer for good or bad about their products..:)

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. Queen of Blades

I just thought it was intentional. :)

10. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Witch is you're favorite not, bagger or bore?

11. 178-bplatoon

:) bagger :) I'm more of a haws and/or bore guy....:happy097:

12. 178-bplatoon

No not intentional at all just a "DUMB" error on my part....I seriously thank you for pointing it out to me..I was calling the ER 1924 SE the 1928 for a while there until my mistake was pointed out to me by another member....I dislike dispensing incorrect information and appreciate being corrected...Giving out incorrect info, even by accident, is simply unacceptable.......Thank you again....:happy088:

13. Queen of Blades

You're welcome.

14. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

It's not lying, just creative marketing. Boars and horses are both mammals after all, so they do have a lot in common. Kind of like "high mountain badger hair". Do we really know how high the badger was on the mountain? Besides, what difference does it make if the brush is boar or horse, as long as it works well and is priced right?

If the brush helps you get close, comfortable shaves, you won't look like a fool.

15. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

16. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me if I will have water running down my arm when face lathering with horse hair?

17. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

That depends if you are still standing under the shower:happy097:

BamaT likes this.