withdrawn

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I was going to say the Gillette Fusion Power Gamer razor, and it is a pretty silly concept. Adding "Gamer" to the name makes it new and improved? More than anything, it exemplifies how the multiblade cartridge concept has been pushed far past its logical endpoint. Then I looked at the Zafirro website. Now I am not sure which one is dumber, but we might have a tie.

• If you look at the News section of the Zafirro website, their last media mention was two years ago.
    • All of Zafirro's products are out of stock, and so ridiculously overpriced that they do not appear to be serious offerings.
    • Zafirro's data.com entry seems to indicate they have only one employee.
    • Their Future Offerings page states that their next product will launch in 2014.
    The above makes it look like nothing more an industrial design exercise with a website. Add in someone very good at marketing and you have lots of temporary media buzz, but little else. It could be that all of the above is simply advertising for the same razor made with aluminum or plastic, and using conventional multiblade cartridges. Or maybe it was never a realistic undertaking to begin with. My guess is the latter, in which case it is another example of trying to push the multiblade concept too far.

GDCarrington and Kilgore Trout like this.