Wolf Whiskers Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 15, 2015.

1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Oh did we finally make it home? Are you on the Wolf Whiskers waiting list?

mrchick likes this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

You knew that we were gonna dog you over wolf brush acquisition anxiety.

mrchick likes this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I think I'm happy in that I didn't even know that there was such a thing as a wolf brush waiting list...obviously that means I have my BAD somewhat in control

"Goodnight, thank you, and may your God go with you"

Bonus points if you remember Dave Allen.
    [​IMG]

NCoxSTL, mrchick, PLANofMAN and 2 others like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

I have faith in your BAD management, and had no idea wolf was an option.

Darkbulb likes this.
  5. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I do remember Dave. He was missing part of his left index finger. He used to say when he and his chums played cowboys and indians he was stuck with a sawn off shotgun.

Darkbulb likes this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I just got done waiting on a three month list. Can't do it right now :)

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Got the email notice two days ago that my number is on the board. Put the order in yesterday morning now just waiting for the photo when he has it turned and finalizing it up and getting it here. Pretty excited to finally be this close to having it. Next waiting list I will be on is for a Mongoose whenever they open it up again. One AD at a time.

clint64, Boojum1 and Bama Samurai like this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I think the Mongoose list never 'closes' you just email them and you're on the list.

Bama Samurai, clint64 and NCoxSTL like this.
  9. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Congrats on your Wolf Whiskers Brush. :eatdrink047: Peter does excellent work. :happy088:

Bama Samurai, clint64 and NCoxSTL like this.
  10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

They aren't adding any to the list at this point. The email I got back basically apologized and said when they start taking more they'll announce it on their Facebook page. Guess they are months behind on filling orders. I like the way Peter does it at WW. Open the list for a specific number, in his case 240 brushes, close it, make the brushes, open it again. Keeps the list from getting out of control.

Bama Samurai and clint64 like this.
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing it in person. He is definitely a unique artist in what he does.

Bama Samurai, clint64 and Boojum1 like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing photos of the brush. Peter turns out some very nice brushes.

Bama Samurai and NCoxSTL like this.
  13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Here's a preview pic. One Peter sent me for approval. My new brush which will soon be home.

DSC_0515.jpg

14. Bama Samurai

Wow. The handle alone is art.

NCoxSTL likes this.
  15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Yeah and it was the hardest part to decide on. I think I was on the gallery for over an hour trying to narrow down which I wanted. I went from some of the blues like the Abyss and 7 seas, then went to the mixed yellow/blue/red "view from hubble" and then I saw this one...it's Aqua and Copper. Actually had the order checked for one of the blues and looked at this one again and changed my mind and ordered it.

The knot, by the way, is a 22mm TGN Silvertip Badger Grade A bulb. I was up in the air about badger or going with a synthetic. He has the TGN synthetic as well as the Uber-softs. But, my inclination to stay natural won out and since I don't own a high end badger, well this seemed the brush to do it with.

clint64 and Bama Samurai like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

I like that the colors are subdued. Looks well thought out and classy.

clint64 and NCoxSTL like this.
  17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I'm not going to be asked to provide what I want for another week or so...but I've already spent that hour in the gallery and man....it is tough to narrow it down...
    I don't even know the shape let alone what resin at this point.

Bama Samurai and NCoxSTL like this.
  18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Yeah I'm thinking I may be in line again next time just to get another choice. LOL So many options, so little time....and money.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The brush looks fantastic. :happy096:

NCoxSTL likes this.
  20. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:happy096: :eatdrink047:

clint64 likes this.