Wolfman receiving orders again soon.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Spud, Jul 13, 2016.

1. rawfox1

rawfox1 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I was number 7 on the list and then I got screwed. I don't understand why he did not honor the first 40 on the list.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I just checked out the Timeless website. Wow, they are beautiful razors.

Redfisher and Robyflexx like this.
  3. rawfox1

Buy 1 it is definitely one of the best shaving razors out there today if not the best.

Redfisher and Spud like this.
  4. ugadawg

ugadawg Well-Known Member

I understand why he did what he did. If he had accepted everyone, it would have been a long wait list like last time. I think he is trying to avoid that situation again. I do understand the frustration as well for those who were on the list but still didn't make it. I saw on his site that he is looking for another machinist to help with orders though.

Spud likes this.
  5. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I can see his point too. Do you have to pay immediately once you make the list? If so, I can see him wanting to get razors out to paying customers as soon as possible. Who wants to pay that much money then wait a year?

6. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Any more high cost shaving purchases right now and I'm in the dog house. However, I'm watching them now. Eventually.......
    They are very nice. How would you rate them in relative aggression?

7. rawfox1

To me they are perfect, its aggressive enough to get an extremely close shave but still mild on the face and skin. Also the feedback is wonderful

Spud likes this.
  8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

You have an S1, right? I found his standard aggression OC to be nearly identical to my S2. I thought the S2 was smoother.

Spud and Robyflexx like this.
  9. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I have the R and M plates, no slants. Many on other forums seem to say the S and R plates are similar in aggresiveness. So many options in stainless steel now.

10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I found the Wolfman so close to the S, with the S being a bit more comfortable. That's why the Wolfman went down the road, and the S stayed.

Spud likes this.
  11. alfredus

alfredus Well-Known Member

No - you pay when your order is ready and the razor goes out a couple days later

Spud and Robyflexx like this.
  12. ugadawg

And sits in customs for a week and half. At least that's what happened to me.

Spud likes this.
  13. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I'm in Canada and I have that experience too. My Above The Tie sat in customs longer than all the days in transit. An article on CBC claims the Canadian government does it on purpose to discourage cross border shopping. On the positive side, after being on a list for a year, what's a few more days?

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. ugadawg

That was the worst part. It was a lot easier for me to wait several months to place my order than to wait for it to ship. I'm indecisive, so I liked having the extra time to decide what I wanted, but once it was shipped, I wanted it ASAP.

Spud likes this.
  15. MrMcGoo

MrMcGoo Member

So there was a wolfman dual comb head on eBay so I bid on it for a short time. I just checked back it and it sold for over $450. I know this is a well made product but that is crazy and out of my league.

NickMach007 likes this.
  16. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

lol all this rush to have a razor, believe it or not after figuring out that out of the 8-9 razors I have 3 are all the different Micromatics and the rest are DE razors. I realized all the razors are not getting the love they need even though im changing them constant. After realizing this I decided to drop out of the Wolfman list and I was actually going to buy 2 razors, glad I did that because I ended up investing in the Supply Provision with 3 plates and 20 blades for $76 shipped, I rather try something different then buy another DE razor. Considering I actually like the Micromatics more than the DE's it was a no brainer to go for the SP V2.