Would you buy this straight?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Hodge, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Found one identical to this one in really good shape (based on reading what to look for post) for $40. I don't recall seeing an Adoration on the forum and couldnt find much information on the net. Was hoping one of the guru's might chime in.

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'm no guru
    but it looks very nice to me. so yes, I'll buy it. where do I send the dough.

3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I better get it. I know where I can resell it :D

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I'll buy any Adoration brush you send my way ;)

5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

That razor looks to be in excellent shape and the price is very good.
    Adoration Hand-Forged razors were made in the USA by Case (1955-1962). Same company who produced the Red Imps. I've never tried an Adoration but I'll assume they rival the Red Imps, which I found to be excellent shavers that take a real keen edge, Good Steel.

DLP likes this.
  6. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Don't buy it. American steel is horrible, and no one wants to have that kind of awesomeness razor on their face. I am actually trying to help fellow wet shavers out by getting those old American razors out of circulation before they can give anyone else the kind of experiences I have had with mine. Let me know where this one is hiding, and I will take care of it. You know, to help everyone out.

Hodge, bdalemauger and Mr. Oldschool like this.
  7. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    awesome shavers as everyone already said :p

I am just echoing heheheh

8. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

:happy097:

Yeah, um, BUY IT! Anytime you find a true vintage razor in a condition as you've pictured, i.e. shiny, no hone wear, no chips or cracks, decent scales, I don't care who made it or really where, razors that date from mid century or earlier were made well by today's standards and you can't go far wrong buying one at a low price like $40.

Drygulch likes this.
  9. pundi64

pundi64 Well-Known Member

Hell YA !! and what a price, go for it