Wow E-Bay Prices

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jcwit, May 26, 2011.

1. jcwit

jcwit Member

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

yeah, it was bad three years ago. It just keeps getting worse. I guess that is the price we pay for getting more people interested in keeping DE shaving alive.

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

People just get really stupid with the items that seller lists. And that seller crams so much redundant "description" on the page, it's very easy to overlook things... such as where they mention the crack in the handle. $311 for a cracked handle? No thanks.

4. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

you get so tired of reading the same thing over and over that by the time you get to the part about the crack, you are just skimming and more than likely don't even read it.

5. jcwit

jcwit Member

You're right, by that time I was skimming, course I wasn't going to bid anyway so That may have been part of it. Then they also list it as Excellent and Unbelievable.

They're right it is Unbelievable. How's that old saying go, A what and his money are soon something. hehehehe

6. OckhamsRazor

OckhamsRazor Member

Wow. I don't get it.

7. Moe

Moe Active Member

If it's not something i'm bidding on, I hope it goes for hundreds and hundreds :whacky011, just means that the person who won has less money to bid against me in the auction I want :D

8. jcwit

jcwit Member

Thats one way of looking at it maybe but if they're bidding that high money is probably the least of their concern.

Just as those with the $90,000 to $500,000 motorhomes are not concerned about the price of fuel per gal.:)

9. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Yup :D

I wish I could spend 300 on a razor with a crack in it. I cant even spend 300 on a perfect condition razor. I guess someone either has lots of $. Or a die hard collector who needed that one thing. Or sentimental reasons etc there are some reasons why spend more than usual. Anyways back on topic sort of.

The on thing that ticks me off is I have a confirmed address but I am away for summer etc in Canada you cannot have more than 1 address confirmed. So many items i want to buy cannot be shipped to me. :mad::mad::mad:

10. true01

true01 Member

Oh yes the famous furniture man. I really want to know where his endless supply of rare,mint etc,etc razors come from..it's never ending....

11. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Now lets be nice, I've got a razor listed on the bay right now and hope someone will give me wayyyy more than I'm asking for it ;-) :happy088

12. newb

newb Resident Newb

Oh but it comes with a New old stock blade ! That explains it, or maybe the wordy description and excellent pictures that don't show off the flaws.

"There may be other signs of age & use however, they have proven nearly impossible to find" What the heck does that mean ??

"This tiny crack does not affect the handle at all~It is still tight & shows no signs of loosening~"

"Again, This Big Fellow Old Type is in Excellent~Near Flawless condition~!!!!"

I fell for one of the cedar craft Super speeds when I was a Noob, I can say that in person it didn't look as special as it did in the pictures. Just my humble opinion on my experience buying from that seller..

13. AJ Goodfella

AJ Goodfella New Member

Wow sold for $311 incredible.

14. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

I believe he hijacked an entire Gillette warehouse! :D He always has great looking stuff, but doubt I'll ever take anything off his hands at his prices.