Wow!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BigMark, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I find that I use Arko more than anything lately, and I've got MWF and MdC in the cabinet. I keep looking at a dozen stick purchase but what I have will last a year with daily use.

SDK likes this.
  2. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Nah...
    FBs are nice razors but I don't get the market on them.

gorgo2 and Darkbulb like this.
  3. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Your thread has got me enabled..:p My buddy has one he bought back in 85'. Maybe I'll see if I can get a hold of it and take it for a spin...

BigMark likes this.
  4. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I understand to a certain extent, however the prices are quite high. They were only made for four years where as the Slim and Black Beauty were made for longer periods of time. But then again they are not all that rare compared to a toggle. Now the toggle market makes sense. But you already know all this.

5. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

The Kronas are awesome glad to see some other guys giving them a go! I use an Astra SP in mine and what a shaver it has become for me, i have a few Merkurs, Gillettes, and some SE's and this Krona hangs with the best of them! I bought 2 together on eBay and one was the older model with medal knob and the other the plastic, i have to say the older model is just a tad heavier and a little better feeling as far and quality. My co worker got the other one i had bought and he said it shaves amazing as well.

6. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Try it and never look back :happy088:

BigMark likes this.
  7. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Its definitely opinion based. But there is nothing built like a fat boy.

8. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Okay, go to eBay. There's a seller selling (seller selling sounds weird) Arko for $4.13 for 2-sticks with free shipping!

9. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

This month, I am shaving with Arko, and my Krona..... an amazing combination! I think that the Krona is milder, but a better shave than the SuperSpeed I have.... YMMV

Daytonkb likes this.
  10. bigjustin

bigjustin Member

Hay guys I picked up a puck if Arko and love it. Any suggestions for a good aftershave to go with the wonderful scent of lemon pezz?

11. BigMark

I do not get lemon pez or urinal cake, at least not anymore. I simply get soap. I have not opened it up yet but smelled it through the wrapper.

trey06dmd likes this.
  12. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I often pair Arko with RazoRock Don Marco, which smells like Orange Pez. They combine into a nice citrus pez pairing ;)

It's a good combo for outdoorsy and casual times when you don't want to be too stuffy....

IDuck likes this.
  13. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

I got lemon pez at first now I think of Ivory soap.

SDK likes this.
  14. SDK

SDK it's his fault

It'll be a bit stronger when you open it, but I don't get urinal cake either. I do smell the lemon though. It then fades back to more soapy over time...

trey06dmd likes this.
  15. BigMark

I actually like the scent I must add.

SDK and trey06dmd like this.
  16. SDK

SDK it's his fault

If you like the scent, you will be in heaven once you experience the lather...

Omaney and trey06dmd like this.
  17. bigjustin

bigjustin Member

I will try it with Lucky Tiger. Thanks guys.....

SDK, trey06dmd and BigMark like this.
  18. BigMark

19. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

Krona is a great razor. Shaves better than all my other TTO's. I'm a 3 piece kind of guy though.
    Love Arko !!

Last edited: May 3, 2015