WSP - Rustic Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by JR Reyes, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Razor Blade 79

Razor Blade 79 Well-Known Member

I got my tins of Mahogany and Barbershop today, I did a test lather of mahogany. Man this stuff is amazing, it didn't take much effort to load or lather. The lather was very thick, dense, and uber slick. It had a wet sheen that surpassed my Stirling soaps! I was blown away at the quality of this soap, I can't wait to shave with it tomorrow. The scent of Mahogany is not overpowering but makes it's presence known, it's perfect IMO. I can only describe it as a slightly sweet n spicy woody scent. I love this scent, the Barbershop reminds me of Mikes Natural's scent. Both are very good but for me Mahogany is my favorite.

image.jpg

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Was it WSP Rustic Barbershop? If so, get it. You will not be disappointed. Restraint= don't go buying everything you see :)

3. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Gotta Love a Lather shot!! Thanks for the feedback on the mahogany. Im curious if more scents will be released soon. This stuff is pretty darn good...an amazing back for your buck product.

4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Must resist...

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

The Mahagony sounds most interesting to me...but i have too much soaps...:angry017: I have to resist...don´t do that with me...:sad023:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. JR Reyes

I suggest a soap reduction sale...pull out 3-4 and sell them as a lot. Makes money and creates space. Sorry...Im totally enabling right now.

7. Razor Blade 79

So today was my first time shaving with Mahogany and it was amazing. Before I loaded my brush I remembered that I didn't bloom the soap during my test lather so I dunked the puck in sink of hot tap water. Within a minute my restroom was filled with Mahogany scent! After I bowl lathered it the scent was on a new level from the test lather that wasn't bloomed. It now smelled so amazing that it smelled like actual Mahogany and not just a sweet n spicy woody scent. The performance was just as amazing, incredibly slick and dense. I had a Gillette Wilkinson Sword loaded in my DE89, this was to be its third shave on the blade. If you told me this was a new blade I would have believed it, very close and smooth BBS with no irritation or nicks. This soap is a real winner, a hidden gem for sure that's bound to be in everyone's den eventually. I only wish WSP sold them in 8oz pucks like Douglas with HTGAM.

Tdmsu likes this.
  8. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I never considered blooming the scent! I put a little water on it then go with a dry brush... I'm blooming next time!

Razor Blade 79 likes this.
  9. Razor Blade 79

I'm thinking about ordering more pucks, I saw Marrakesh is now in stock. I may have to add Fougere Noir or Sandalwood too... Maybe all 3 lol.

Omelmad likes this.
  10. JR Reyes

Im on the fence with the fougere noir. Im usually not a fan of cologne scented soaps, but it has been getting positive reviews. I used the barbershop again today, and it still impresses me with the performance. More scents are certainly getting added to my collection.

Omelmad likes this.
  11. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Buy 2 pucks, dig them out and press them in a 8oz tin=P its a soft soap right?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  12. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I tried the new WSP Rustic Shaving Soap today. I ordered the Mahogany scent: mahogany accented with Italian bergamot, apple wood, Tonka bean, patchouli, cedar wood, oak moss, cardamom, vanilla bourbon and allspice. The scent is great! It reminds me of a fine pipe tobacco. It is another excellent Artisan soft soap. Ingredients: stearic acid, water, potassium hydroxide, coconut oil, glycerin, fragrance oil. The only I have an issue with is the tin. For me, it is too narrow with no “room at the top”. It also left a circle of rust on my sink. I am going to transfer it to an 8 oz Specialty Bottle Tub. All in all though, I think Lee and Wet Shaving Products have a winner with these new soaps!

[​IMG]

Razor Blade 79 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  13. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I transferred it to the tub. Much better, IMHO.

[​IMG]

Boojum1, Tdmsu and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Bob, I prefer the specialty containers over the tins also.

Boojum1 and Bobcat like this.
  15. JR Reyes

Thanks for the feedback and tranfer idea. I had similar feelings when loading up my brush. For the price, I can see why they chose those smaller tins, but now that I hear yet another positive review on mahogany, its going in the cart!

16. woodworker

woodworker Active Member

I have the Mahogany great scent. I have the same issue as Bob and liked his idea so I dug my soap and out it into a plastic tupperware container. My problem was when I got down to the bottom of the soap I saw it was ugly red brown color. On closer inspection I think my tin is rusting from the inside. Hard to tell because it comes up with the soap.

The only other thing I'm not completely thrilled with is these MdC clones are not moisturizing enough, they leave my skin kind of tight and dry feeling. It's no big deal I just use some lotion and for the price who can complain?

My only real concern are these reports of rusting tins!

17. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I had my 2nd shave with the Mahogany Rustic Shaving Soap. It is much easier to work with in the 8 oz jar. After loading my brush for 20 seconds in the jar (which was probably too long) I got enough thick, slick, cushioning, great smelling lather for a 3+ pass shave. A keeper for sure.

[​IMG]

18. Razor Blade 79

Where did you get the jar? It's nicer than the ziplock ones I have my stirling soaps in.

19. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

20. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

FYI-Lee is looking at rust proof containers.

JR Reyes likes this.