Xmas All The Time

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by huck1680, Jul 12, 2011.

1. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Hi Guys

Well, stuff is coming in and the latest are these 2. The first is a 48-52 Aristocrat with the patent #694093 on the inside of the head. Cleaned up nice. The second is a 40s' OC New that was a part of this shave kit. I posted about this kit before. It was a 21st birthday gift for a young man who was learning to fly with the RAF in Regina during the war. Now I live in Regina and the young mans' name is the same as my street name... Procter. It was his son that sold me the kit.

It's in very good shape and will be my traveling set as well. Although I won't be using the hair brush seeing as how I don't have enough to comb let alone brush and I keep the rest buzzed right down to the wood. I'll also swap out the soap stick and brush for my own stuff. That s/b it for a while although RAD is always lurking in the near background. ;);)

Attached Files:

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Very cool stuff with a very cool story! :happy088:happy088

3. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Nice and that Aristo looks like brand new

4. huck1680

Well, it turns out the Aristocrat is actually a Rocket HD from the early 60s. Bummer. I should've paid more attention. So now I've got a good condition Rocket and a nice condition case for a 1938 #15 Aristocrat. At least I didn't pay that much which should've been a red flag from the other guys who weren't bidding because they knew what it was. AAAARGH:mad::mad:

Live and learn. I sent a message to the seller so who knows? Something might happen....or not:rolleyes:

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Sorry to hear about the mixed up razor and case. It is a nice looking razor all the same. I hope things work out to your satisfaction.

6. Old Man Army

Old Man Army Member

Both razors look great; I'm a huge fan of the old travel kits. Sorry to hear about the razor not matching the case. I guess that just goes to show how much I still have to learn.

7. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:sihns011

Very nice travel kit, and the background story makes it even nicer. Enjoy!

8. huck1680

Well, I got so po'd with myself I went out and got a 1938 Aristocrat just so I could say that I actually had one. Thanx for the kind words and here's a few pics of the real Aristocrat. Now to figure out what to do with the other case...

Attached Files: