Yardley Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by DaltonGang, Jun 30, 2016.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

No sarcasm. I just meant to let it sit out in the air, so it's not so soft, and let it harden up, like a hard puck of soap.
    Personally, I let my soaps dry out, after use. I don't like goopy soaps, and I've had a soap get mildew on it, when it wasn't dried out after use. It was put up for a week, right after being used. But, that's just me. Have you thought about adding Lavender oils, to enhance the scent? I've added essential oils to all my Arko.

2. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

I have several Yardley soaps as old as from the 1930s and as recent as the 1960s. Whether the scent remains or not they are all my best performing soaps and I have a few pricey current offerings. Clearly the best. I pick up some every chance I get and if I can ever get one that still sealed so the fragrance is still strong I will have achieved one of my Holy Grails of shaving.

DaltonGang likes this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I know what you mean. The one I have lost most of the scent, but I love the lather. Great shave soap. Too bad they don't still make it.

4. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

One thing I did with the oldest one that had lost all it's scent was to grate it, put in a zip lock bag, add a few drops of lavender EO, mix it up, seal it and put it away for a few days then press it back into the bowl. Worked great. I wouldn't advise any melting though.