YAY!!! Shaving scuttle

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Badger-Face, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

Yay!! [​IMG]

I ordered a scuttle off etsy the other day and it has arrived in the mail today. It's beautiful! It's hand made from clay. It seems to be flawless. I kinda wanted a bigger one but, I had to go with the cheapest. I'm very happy with it even though I have not had the chance to use it yet. I hope to get to try it out tonight. I'll update on how it went.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    Uncle Brian, vwp528, Dws2112 and 4 others like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sweet! Just so you know, if the water is too hot it will break down your lather, so it may take a few runs to get the perfect temp to keep your lather warm without destroying it. Enjoy!!

Badger-Face likes this.
  3. Badger-Face

Thank you for the info. I like experimenting if y'all haven't figured that out yet lol. So that will just make it all the more fun.

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Warm lather... :bounce017:

Badger-Face likes this.
  5. Lutebro

Lutebro Well-Known Member

Love my scuttle! You'll love yours too!

[​IMG]

Uncle Brian, vwp528, Dws2112 and 2 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Sweet. Almost tempts me to take up bowl lathering again.

Badger-Face likes this.
  7. Badger-Face

That's friggin awesome. I wanted one with a plug but they were way up in price. Not sure if it makes a whole lot of diffrence or not though.

8. RaZorBurn123

See if a wine cork fits?

Badger-Face likes this.
  9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Sometimes I use my scuttle without the plug (forgetful me!) and I don't notice a discernible difference in the warming capability. I reckon if you were to do a controlled test with two scuttles—one 'unplugged'—and test the internal temps 30-45 minutes later, the open scuttle may have cooled a bit over the time period than the closed model. BUT for the duration of most shaves, either will do the job.

Badger-Face likes this.
  10. Edsland

Edsland Active Member

Congratulations on the skuttle it's the same site I had my adult son buy for me for Christmas. :) you'll love it I really like mine. image.jpg

vwp528 and Badger-Face like this.
  11. Badger-Face

Hey look we are twins lol. Very cool

Edsland likes this.
  12. Badger-Face

Alright guys I used my new scuttle this morning and I LOVE IT! The swirles in the bowle really seemed to help make a good lather. The lather and the brush stayed good and warn and felt great. Happy

RaZorBurn123, swarden43 and Edsland like this.
  13. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

Now I fell like I need to try out a scuttle. They are beautiful. Maybe I would even get to leave it out on the vanity.

Badger-Face likes this.
  14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

"Once you scuttle, you never go back….."

(of course you do, but using a scuttle on cool mornings is a nice pleasure)

RaZorBurn123 and Badger-Face like this.
  15. Badger-Face

Would look good on any vanity.

16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

….IF you have the room. I used to leave one (sometimes both) of my scuttles out on the countertop 'on display', but between the collection of soap tins, rack of brushes and other odd & ends, and a couple of close call where I almost knocked them off—I found space to be at a premium. So, I place my scuttles beneath the cabinet. They're safe there and I won't accidentally knock them off.

Ceramic scuttle vs Hard tile floor = floor wins!

[​IMG]

vwp528 and Badger-Face like this.
  17. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

Great looking scuttle. I have been eyeing these so it is good to have this report. I have a gentleman (Pottersong) on Etsy making me a custom brush scuttle. After I receive it, I want to order one of these.

For the folks that do not have one, scuttles are nice. I believe you will be surprised to find out how good and soothing the warm lather is. I have a half a dozen or so scuttles in my collection and use them regularly. I especially like to use one with a cream and a good, floppy badger brush.:D

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Badger-Face likes this.
  18. Batman9402

Batman9402 Active Member

nice looking stuff i been looking for a scuttle no luck yet except for a female one :/

Badger-Face likes this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

Huh? Female one?

Badger-Face likes this.
  20. Warhorse

Warhorse Active Member

I got one for Christmas and I agree.....I love it. Keeps the cream nice and warm! I have had the problem of some creams drying out in the scuttle, but never thought to regulate the temp of the water going into the base....thanks for that heads up. Anyway, enjoy and congratulations.

Badger-Face likes this.