Yet again another creation

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, Jul 27, 2020.

1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

So after working with @PLANofMAN on his Old type slant idea. He posed the question to me. Why have you not made a slant yet? I told Ryan I had messed around for a few breaks, trying to see if I could get a smooth blend. I was not happy with the results.

Well last Thursday or Friday I had a bit of free time. So I set about trying it again. I got a blend that I was happy with. So made myself a slant of of my last DE “?” That was a hybrid comb bar. My slant is an OC.

Sticking with silly or plain stupid names. I named this “tourqued” by Tom. I know it is spelled wrong. I knew a guy years ago that pronounced it that way. I always tried to correct him but to no avail. So it is a little honor for him.
    I will try it out tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is right off of the machine. No cleanup yet.

2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Here is the cap with only a scotchbrite finish. Have I ever stated I HATE polishing. So I opted for a matte finish. That is not an optical illusion the razor is a parallelogram looking down from the top [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Karl G, Edison Carter, Jim99 and 9 others like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Looks good Tom, like a slant New LC. Which is one I'd always thought of having.

brit and twhite like this.
  4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Just running it across my forearm there is a lot of blade feel. I can’t wait to try it out.

wristwatchb, PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

awesome Tom,nice work..

6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Thank you. I love the fact that I get to experiment with razors and such in my spare time

TestDepth, PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

i loved being a machinist apprentice in my young years,still love the joy of building something from raw materials..:)

wristwatchb, twhite and PLANofMAN like this.
  8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Where's the shave report, Tom? :)

9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Tonight when I get home I will try it out. I like to have 2 days for a first shave on a new to me razor.

PLANofMAN, brit and wristwatchb like this.
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Here is the weight if anybody is interested.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edison Carter, Boojum1 and Droo78 like this.
  11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Nice work Tom! clap.gif Looking forward to your shave review.

12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Shave 1 in the books
    [​IMG]
    Razor: tourqued by Tom
    Blade: Gillette 7Oclock Sharpedge
    Brush: Chub 30 by Tom
    Soap: Tabac
    AS: Tabac

First shave down. Very first impression this is a smooth razor. Deceptively so, I took off 3 heat rash bumps on my neck post haste. After that I slowed down for the remainder of my first pass.

You can hear the hairs being sliced. I say sliced as there is no resistance on the razor. The razor is on the light side for some, 47 grams but the balance is nice.

Proceeding to pass 2 XTG the reduction was better than average. No more blood on pass 2.

Pass 3 ATG using short buffing type strokes. This is my normal third pass routine. It did a VERY nice job. I went with no cleanup. Then did my normal Alum block. No irritation other than the 3 spots.

Have I had better shaves? Yes
    Do I like this razor? Most definitely. It is a keeper. I think this will be a good razor to experiment with blades. Very natural feeling in the hand and face feel.

I will send it to @PLANofMAN this week to get his input. As he is the inspiration for this razor.

13. brit

brit in a box

awesome Tom..

14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Thanks. By the way, where do I get those cool face masks? Are the produced by Fruit of the loom?

Jim99, Droo78 and brit like this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Shouldn't he have the ones with the Union Jack? Just saying

Jim99, brit and twhite like this.
  16. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Tom, that looks like a fantastic razor and sounds like a fun shave.
    :happy088:

17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'm looking forward to it.

I don't think it's been mentioned here, but the Tourqued is based on the TAR head, so this is a non-adjustable, slant TAR.

I expect this to be one of the more aggressive slant razors out there.

Droo78, brit and twhite like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

:D

19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The pee stains probably work better killing off viruses than those masks they tell you to wear that aren't even capable of filtering out particulate small enough that would also filter out viruses. Besides it is easy to know how to put them on correctly since they are colored coded, yellow front, brown back.

Edison Carter, Jim99, twhite and 2 others like this.
  20. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Excellent, Tom!