Yet another ebay rant..

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by wchnu, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Well it was a lively debate that stayed pretty much on topic and civil. Good job for not letting it get more heated than it did TSD'ers. However at this point we pretty much know where everybody stands on the issue so how's about we let this one fade into the history books?

Time to move on to other issues like what I should do for lunch today!

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'm sorry, Rick, but how exactly is Ray's post rude or condescending? :confused:

And Zook, the last minute bidding was in reference to those who haven't bid until the last seconds, so no, attempting to re-gain the top bid position (not retaliate :confused:) would not be considered sniping.

Now perhaps people need to consider what they are going to post before they post it. Words like "retaliate" and even "unsportsmanlike" give tone to a post.

3. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Whose to say something like this is right or wrong? Some people think fishing is wrong. Does it make you feel any different about fishing? It doesn't me, I just went yesterday. Is stem cell research right or wrong? I say right, you say wrong, so whose right and whose wrong?

4. The Zook

The Zook New Member

Retaliate: "Take revenge for a perceived wrong."

As I used it, meant to outbid me like I did you in a way you felt was wrong... perfect word choice. :D

But whatever... I snipe, some don't. Regardless, I have home cooked meatloaf in front of me with no snipes set so everyone can enjoy themselves at least over the lunch hour.

:D

I've said my peace... happy bidding.

5. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Well, me.

Each of us has our own sense of right and wrong that we've developed since childhood. Some people have made peace with sniping the faceless and anonymous 'others' online and some feel it is wrong to play like that regardless of who is on the receiving end.

6. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

My bad, it's actually more hateful. He didn't say he doesn't like sniping, he said he doesn't like snipers and that there are some on this site. So without really even knowing me, he already doesn't like me for the manner in which I bid on eBay auctions.

If everybody wants to turn this into a moral issue, what happened to "love the sinner, but hate the sin"?

7. The Zook

The Zook New Member

8. Queen of Blades

He is allowed his opinions and feelings, just like you are.

Plenty of people snipe, and plenty don't. Is it really worth arguing over?

9. The Zook

The Zook New Member

Yet I got my hand slapped for mine, and I don't even hate anyone. :D

It's the Internet, people argue over everything. ;)

10. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Nope..................

11. Queen of Blades

I disagree. How is outbidding you a revengeful act?

12. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

If they would just listen to me and understand that I am right, we wouldn't have to argue about anything! :happy102

13. Queen of Blades

You got your hand slapped for being rude and condescending. Not for stating your opinion.

This isn't "the internet", this is TSD, and if you want to argue perhaps you should find another place to do it. :mad:

14. The Zook

The Zook New Member

I'm far from rude and condescending... I stated a fact, there's a difference. You turned it into way more than it was intended to be.

Talk about arguing over something small.

15. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I take umbrage at those turning this into an issue of morality. Whether they mean to come across with an "I'm better than you because I don't snipe auctions" or not, that's how it looks to me.

You want to talk about condescending? Saying that sniping an auction is wrong and acting like a better set of morals was instilled in them growing up? That's condescending. Who made these people judges?

I am now done with this thread, and I hope it gets locked so it will disappear of the home page because I am sick of seeing it when I log on. And for the record, I would much rather get the item I want by sniping than to play a martyr and post my complaints about the immoral auction snipers.

16. Queen of Blades

You're walking a thin line.

If you want to use such nasty terms as "retaliate" and "revenge", that is not acceptable. And I will point that out to you.

17. Queen of Blades

Did you see this part of my post earlier?

My rude and condescending remark was not directed at one person, but the thread in general.

18. The Zook

The Zook New Member

This is so blown out of proportion it's unbelievable...

::mog

19. Truckman

Truckman New Member

werd

20. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

I like cheese.