Yet another ebay rant..

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by wchnu, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Me, too, Rolls. Cheese makes everything better.

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Rick I'm sorry you feel that way. I personally believe sniping is wrong and therefore will not do it. Does this make me better than you? That's a judgment call. Was I raised better? Another judgment call.

Sniping makes some people who lose feel bad, upset and angry. Me it makes totally and completely irate. To knowingly set a snipe when you know how it will affect others, well I'll just leave it at that.

Having said that some of my closest friends are snipers.

3. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Yup....

I cannot think of many things that are NOT better with cheese.

Well, maybe a couple things.......... :eek:

4. Queen of Blades

Nah, you just need to try harder. ;)

5. rollsshaver

Not to be too disgusting, but I have actually noticed that some woman are a bit "hotter" when there is some cheese in the taco.

Kind of gross, I know. But it is true..........

6. Queen of Blades

:eek: On that note, I think this thread is officially dead.

7. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Should've taken my advice at the top of the page and let it die then. Instead it got a bit uglier. <shrug> I tried.

And if you were wondering I had a salad for lunch. :(

8. rollsshaver

Was it a taco salad............? :happy102

9. LS48

LS48 New Member

It happens fairly regularly in all the forums; and between forums. I suppose human nature takes over and we become defensive, counter-defensive, resentful, and so on... moving way beyond debate and discussion into something much more personal and, in my opinion, way too serious. I think Joanna's advice to be more thoughtful about how our posts are worded says it best. There is a true art to unprovocative communication and I think we try much less hard to achieve it on these forums than if we were face-to-face with someone.

Now, I suggest all you over-reactive, highly-sensitive, agonizingly-philosophical whiners get over it! (That was a joke! No, really, it was a joke. Please, quit throwing things, it was a joke.)

Cheers,
    Larry

10. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

...went to the fights and a hockey game broke out....

11. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

wow, I checked out this discussion just because of a comment somewhere else...man, the only thing missing is mention of political preferences! :happy102

and now I know what another reference in that same thread refers to, and I may now be a voluntary lactose intolerant....:sick007

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Check out my sig line

Fuzzy

13. Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy Member

That was pretty much my take as well. There was an insinuation that if you sniped an auction you were of lesser moral values than the guy doing the rant. I kind of took umbrage at that. It's probably good I didn't say what I was really thinking. :eek:

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Feel free to pm the OP which is me.

Fuzzy

15. The Zook

The Zook New Member

[​IMG]

Oh, bunny is a sniper too lmao...

[​IMG]

16. Stuggi

Stuggi Member

I think a Finnish auction site has prevented sniping by extending the auction by 5 mins after the last bid, ergo, if someone tries to snipe, everybody gets 5 mins to overbid the guy. It seems to work just fine, and is more like an IRL auction, where the "countdown" is reset after each bid.

17. Stuggi

Stuggi Member

It's a flaw in the Ebay system that allows sniping, see my previous post, personally I think it's annoying when somebody does it before you/thinks of it before you, dunno if it's inmoral or not, business tend to lean towards inmoral in general. I say as long as no-one is tricked out of money or property, and the buyer gets his stuff and the seller his money, it's fair game.

18. mmack66

mmack66 Member

How does the auction ever end if someone keeps bidding?

19. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

It would end when nobody is willing to bid higher

20. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

That sounds ideal to me. eBay wins with higher sales prices and fees. The seller wins because of a higher ending price. The buyer wins since they won't have to compete with snipers.

Why isn't eBay doing this now, or years ago?