yet another noob

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by VT420, Jul 28, 2012.

1. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome!

2. VT420

VT420 New Member

loaded up a feather after I tossed the astra, and I'm not liking it so much... maybe the forgivingness of the astra was just allowing me to get away with things... but while I'm able to be presentable for work (and by presentable for work I mean 'in regs' in the USAF) without turning into a bloody mess with the feather, I got a better shave with less irritation out of the astras.. i have a medium density but somewhat wiry deep rooted beard and fairly sensitive skin..... Like i said i can use the feathers to get the job done, and i'm not going to throw them in the trash, but for me the astra was the the better of the two, at least with my current razor/soap/technique/skill-level....

Also made myself a used blade receptacle, Glass pasta sauce jar with a medal screw lid and used my dremel (most used powertool i own:) ) with a cut-off disk to cut a slot in the lid... secure enough, and the recycling here doesn't have to be sorted, so when it's full i can just put in in the blue bin without worrying about glass v. steel

3. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Feathers are not for everyone. Astra and Voskhod blades are my go to blades. I can use Feathers but they are not my favorite. By all means try other blades you never know when you will find that perfect blade, but if Astra SP work well always keep a supply on hand to fall back on if a new blade does not work. Blades are a big YMMV item.

nice reuse of the pasta sauce jar. if you have young ones around you may want to glue the lid on so they don't get curious.

4. PadreTex

PadreTex Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den! My son is in the AF in Spokane. He's a former Marine but is enjoying the AF for the rest of his career.