YMMV: Exploring the Collective

Discussion in 'Articles' started by PLANofMAN, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

I go to the other forums mainly to check their BST (got my Futur on one of them), but I come here to SHARE. THIS forum encouraged me to dig into DE shaving and I learned how to use and appreciate my tools from the outpouring of all of your help and knowledge. For that - and virtually hanging out with a great group of people - I remain connected.

2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

It is funny....But I've met so many cool people here....makes me think...maybe there is something about Traditional Wet Shaving that attracts nice people.....Then again maybe not....ha,ha...I need to refine that...and make it less general....It seems to be the Injector and SE people that are the nicest....lol.....YMMV !! LOL!!!

Bill_F, AKASL, lradke and 2 others like this.
  3. Med. Cheese

Med. Cheese Well-Known Member

I am just getting started here, but I have a confession. I was a member at a different forum. It was grossly over moderated. Just rubbed me the wrong way. I tendered my resignation and found this one. I am glad I did. Like most of us, I don't have the time to mess with a bunch of forums in the same vein, so I plan to stick here and hopefully add to it. Thanks to all of you for this place.

AKASL and PLANofMAN like this.
  4. LGBLST2013

LGBLST2013 New Member

I am not sure how I found this forum but I love it and already feel at home as a new DE shaver.:happy069:

5. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I signed up here because it was the only one available on Tapatalk (as far as I could see back then). After having signed up I didn't feel the need to venture elsewhere. I really like the athmosphere here - it's very cosy and I have yet to see a heated argument, like seen so often elsewhere on the net.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  6. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

Excellent post, Ryan.

I'm new here, but this forum reminds me so much of a firearms related forum that I frequent. The forum was small when I joined but grew fast. A "forum conglomerate" bought our beloved spot in cyberspace, an it just wasn't the same. Several of the mods/admin of the original forum started another one, and most of us old timers jumped ship. The new ship feels like home, again.

This seems like a good group of peeps here, and I hope to contribute as much as possible. I truly appreciate all that I've learned here from everyone.

AKASL and PLANofMAN like this.
  7. AKASL

AKASL Active Member

I signed up at the "other" forum but I felt I was being treated like a second rate hack. Needless to say I sought home elsewhere, that's when I discovered The Shave Den. I was welcomed into this community with open arms and I feel at home here just like I am amongst brothers and sisters.

Rock On TSD!!

+100 on this!

PLANofMAN likes this.
  8. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

That was very well written. I haven't been here long but it feels like home to me. Everybody has helped me a great deal here. I haven't liked everything I have heard but that's what makes me me and them them. I do however take everything I hear into consideration and with respect. I love how this is a forum full of people of all ages. Some older then I, some younger, and some the same age. It helps to get a perspective from people from diffrent eras. But no matter the age we all have one very old tradition in common.... Wet shaving.
    Thank you for this nice piece.

PLANofMAN likes this.