Young Padawan's First Shave

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Rogue, Mar 15, 2009.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I had ment to ask what kinda after shave he used. hummm Maybe we can find out.

2. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Ohhhhh NO you don't ya scwewy wabbit. I see that bottle of AV behind your back!

3. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Why does she need a Kwetie? What is wrong with the super speed?

4. MsBlackwolf

Nothing wrong with the SS she's got. Can't get blades for the Kewtie anyway as far as I know.

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I wore Old Spice today actually.. AV tomorrow after a shave with Williams and the Senator.
    :D

6. Rogue

Rogue New Member

Ummm....I don't a Kewtie but I do have two other DE razors: an SS and a Blue Star that I use. I'm not just playing mama beside him, I'm teaching him something I'm doing too. ;)

If he wants to move on to a straight razor later, that's fine. It's not the razor that women (in general) find *sexy* about a man,...if she doesn't care for facial hair, she'll find it sexy in general that he's clean shaven and it's nice and smooth. What method he uses...in general...is moot.

Aftershave was some stuff my housemate had left over that he had in the bottom of the bottle..it was just barely enough for one use. I couldn't tell you offhand what it was and if it burned or was extremely cooling, he didn't let on. I was remiss in getting him some of his own this weekend....I was battling the plumbing. lol

I'll make sure to have him something before he next shave. I'm thinking milk aftershave maybe? :confused:

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

A lot of people use a aftershave Balm.. I have not used any of the After shave milk.. But JoAnna makes some good ones I hear. Someone else will have to suggest a good one. I am all old and cranky and like the old man scents.. Aqua Velva.. Old Spice. Brut.. Skin Bracer.. that kinda thing:D

8. aircoder

aircoder Member

congrats on the first shave!

9. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Seriously, take into account the amount of oily in his skin. I have rather oily skin and balms are terrible for me. I've started mixing in a little of the TSD aftershave milk and it's working good so far (only 3 uses), but I was fairly nervous and don't know how I'd react if I used it every day. If he has dry skin, avoid the splashes with lots of alcohol. I think the safest place to start is a splash with little to no alcohol and let him decide which direction to go from there. Yes, Aqua Velva technically meets this criteria, but both of you need to smell it before buying. If you're like me it will go right back on the shelf!

10. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Why hide it? I hold that bottle of AV in plain sight! :D

11. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

Amen, brother.
    Fly your ice blue flag high!.

12. JimR

JimR Active Member

Awesome! I'm glad it went well...And it is SO good to start when you can take it slow and easy, no need to get all nicked up shaving your whole face just before work with your wife knocking to get into the bathroom cause she just can't wait FIVE minutes to check her hair and then your mother in law slams the bedroom door making you jump and you almost take off your nose.....

Whew....

Sorry.

Congratulations!!!

13. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

OUCH! Are we talking from experience here?

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I have never heard of a woman shaving with a super speed, but I do not see why not now that I think about it. The Kewtie takes proprietary blades? Then who needs the thing, hope the thing goes extinct.

The after shave is an interesting question for debate. Which after shaves tend to do better with the women? My experience has always pointed to Proctor and Gamble's Old Spice.

15. Rogue

Rogue New Member

I got a superspeed at a really good price (on TSD). :happy088

I've never used a women's specific cartridge razor....why limit myself to it in DE razors? Also, I've never been girly...I don't buy stuff just because it's for my gender, unless it's a need. I like to keep my options open.

For the record I hate color specific items too. I'm not buying something because it's pink or looks more feminine. I don't care what the color is as long as it works as it's intended to. And... I HATE PINK! :happy097

16. MsBlackwolf

Pink stinks! I want gold Duhhhhhhhhh

17. Rogue

Rogue New Member

I prefer silver myself

Ohhh....SHINEY!!! :happy097

18. MsBlackwolf

19. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Oh, the fun I could have with this one............ :rolleyes: