Young Padawan's First Shave

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Rogue, Mar 15, 2009.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Let me help out there Http://www.razorandbrush.com

2. Rogue

Rogue New Member

Oh really? What kind?

3. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Tks Bunny!

4. MsBlackwolf

TOBS rose of course!

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

ahh TOBS rose.,. not generally considered a manly scent perhaps.. but one of, if not absolutly, my favorite.. Love that stuff.

6. MsBlackwolf

A properly groomed English Gentleman's scent is what that is!

7. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

English Gentleman + LA High School = ?

Anywho, I'll be honest. I'm not sending you any gillette swedes or yellow packs. There will be Astras though.

8. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I am going to go out on a limb here and try to answer Rogue's question and to the others please ocrrect me if I am not correct. The irritation that Padawan was encountering is caused by the rubbing motion of the razor against the surface of the skin and indicates that he is pushing to hard against the skin. The razor needs to glide black and forth across the skin like a ballet dancer across the mat or an ice skater across the ice. Padwan needs to ease up on the razor. Personna's typically very good blades to start with. I typically find them in two varieties, there is the drug store bought Personnas then there is the red wrapped personnas. You will know that you have a red wrapped personna because it obviously comes in a red rapper, otherwise you have one of the drug store personnas. Personally I think that the red wrapped ones are better than the drug store ones. Definitely hold off on the feathers until he has more experience under his belt and can do this without the irritation. I would recommend one of the Dorco blades or a Wilkinson blades. You will most definitely be able to find some Wilkinson blades in LA, I found mine in Bed, Bath and Beyond. No doubt LA has some of those stores. I would recommend getting some of those Wilkisons to try out next time out.

Now on to that Agaua de Rosas, its from Razor and Brush at http://www.razorandbrush.com/barberiaaftsha.html at the very bottom of the listing.

The great thing about the rose water after shaves and Padawan will like this aspect is that there is no alcohol in any of it. Its just roses and water.

9. Corey

Corey Member

I think he might be the wrong gender to need to start douching.
    :happy102 Kidding, couldn't stop myself.

10. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

2 astras. 2 dorco 301. 2 brown and black polsilvers (not sure if theyre discontinued). 1 derby. 1 supermax. 1 feather. 1 sharp.

That work for you?

11. Rogue

Rogue New Member

That would be most awesome, and I'm most grateful, kind sir! :D