Your deepest, darkest shaving confession

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by gorgo2, Jun 24, 2011.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Sometimes I enjoy underwater basket weaving and sitting in leather chairs naked.

Edit: Oh! Deepest, darkest SHAVING confession? Durrrrrrr! Ummm, I like the taste of Tabac shave stick?

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I have a bottle in which I've blended with 11 different a/s. It ended up smelling like none of them but wasn't "bad" so I use it to deodorize shoes.

If you run out of Listerine do not reach for the Bay Rum.

I never know how much cologne is too much, or too little. Ever.

It occurred to me this morning that if I ever lost the use of my arms and someone had to shave me, I would not care what razor that person used on me. I'm still trying to figure out what this says about my current desire to have a rotation.

Ever since stores pretty much quit carrying injector blades last year, I've found my desire to shave with my injectors has decreased a whole lot to where they're almost gathering dust...even though I have several perfectly good injector carts worth dozens of good shaves. I don't know what this says about me, either.

3. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Hmm, well, not dark exactly, but perhaps not quite normal in a shaving forum.

I don't use any pre-shave or post shave products at all, unless water is a product.

In the categories of shaving stuff that I do use, I don't actually hate anything that I've tried. There are things I'll never buy again, and razors that will sit on the shelf, but everything works.

4. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

There's no such thing as too little cologne. There most definitely IS such a thing as too much. My rule is, one squirt to each pulse point on my neck. Set it down. Don't touch it again until next time. Nothing worse than somebody with too much cologne/perfume on.

5. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

Yeah but the chicks dig it. They gotta hear me, see me, feel me, and above all they gotta smell me.

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I have named one of my razors.

7. Al Sapone

Al Sapone New Member

I have a rare straight razor by Filarmonica in good condition and I am freaking scared to use it, I even had one or two nightmares...:(

8. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

You must rid yourself of this nightmare generating beast asap. In true altruism I will take it off of your hands. Just send it to me and everything will be fine.

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

No, no, no Danny, allow me sir. Two Fillys are enough to drive a man mad. The call of Cthulu couldn't drive a man so mad even. I'll shoulder the burden for you my friend. Al Sapone, feel free to offload that horrid razor to me instead. I have a small partial tube of C.O. Bigelow I can trade you even-Steven for it, that way you don't walk away empty handed :happy097

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

So that's one on each side, then?

11. Al Sapone

Al Sapone New Member

You two are just :happy102 Trading a straight razors that costs a fortune for a tube of cream :D That way I am sure the nightmares will only return stronger than ever before:eek:

12. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

Correctamundo. One squirt to the right pulse point, one to the left. That's enough to put off a nice little fragrance when someone gets within a couple of feet of you, but not enough to melt the buttons out of the elevator.

13. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Very nice Doug! I use a 1980 (A1) Gillette Trac II that belonged to my FIL and the Bump Fighter handles.

I really like the DG Dorks, used them a lot back when I shaved my noggin. For the price they're a real bargain.

14. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Me too. I call my black fat handled 1912 Gem Baton Darth Razor. Clever, huh.

15. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Had to try.....:D besides, it was a partially used tube of cream, used by me.....that has to at least double the value :happy097

16. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I'd say...A deal at twice the price...I'd jump on it Al before he changes his mind...:D

17. Al Sapone

Al Sapone New Member

OMG, since you used it and it doubles the value, I shoud then give him two razors.Good thing is that mr. battle monkey already stated that two Fillys are enough to drive any man mad :think002

18. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

Ill probally never use a real straight again the closest Ill get to one is a shavette , Im to lazy to strop and sharpen , the whole sharpening thing drove me back to the carts for 10 years till I discovered that one could still get a de razor having said that I would love to find a real barber get a good straight razor shave , Ive had several bad shaves from barbers but not a good one

19. theshaver

theshaver Member

I dont use my straight any more, thinking of selling it. My DE's give a better shave and more rewarding.

20. DrRoly

DrRoly New Member

I use my Panasonic Linear electric, and love it!

It's quick and leaves my skin baby-smooth.

However, it's quite aggressive for me and has no "soul"