Your deepest, darkest shaving confession

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by gorgo2, Jun 24, 2011.

1. VANCE723

VANCE723 Active Member

while im shaving in the morning & the wife is getting ready in the bedroom....i sneak open the closet & grab my cartridge razor to shave the corners of my mouth....& hurry and put it back before she sees me

2. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

That is true.. no soul what so ever aha :D. Most people i know cant stand them. My house mate uses an electric and it leaves his face so dry.

Now that is sacrilege. Give your other razors some love. The cartridges are lying to you :happy102

3. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

Since a while I'm in love with my Gillette Fusion Phenom and/or my Wilkinson Quattro Titanium :ashamed001

And the canned goo from Nivea for Men.... :ashamed001

And that is not only when I'm on the road!!

4. easye

easye New Member

If I have time and a still-loaded brush and a blade fit for the trash I will shave my chest and stomach for my wife :D.

5. bc9

bc9 Member

Besides the cost of cartridges getting ridiculous, the main reason I switched back to DE & SE razors was so my wife would stop "borrowing" my razor without mentioning it. I'd put in a new cartridge for the next shave, She'd "borrow it without saying anything & my shave would feel like the blades were honed with sandpaper.

My plan worked well, for almost 2 yrs she would not go near my "old fashioned" razors...until she realized she ran out of cartridges just before getting ready for our son's HS graduation ceremony. With panic in her eyes she asked to borrow a DE razor. I "loaned" her a Krona...long story short...it is now hers...

6. theshaver

theshaver Member

This was so one of my major reasons for switching too. Would irritate me so much.

7. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I'm a naked as a baby on my chest so I HAD to resort to my legs. I'm 100% certain that if I had chest hair, I'd have shaved it by now. For no other reason than to shave it :D

Its a sickness, but I know and admit it so its ok :D

dadvest likes this.
  8. Hank

Hank Active Member

Let's see

I got a Sara Bonnyman scuttle for christmas last year after lusting after one for three to four years used it every day untill we moved in may. Lost the box it was in for three weeks face lathered while I searched for the box found it only to realize I really didn't like it and could make much better lather face lathering soaps and creams.

I have a straight razor that's shave ready and I am scared to use it because when I go to strop it and such I am afraid I will screw it up bad and 2 I'm afraid that I will cut myself badly with it.

I'd like to sell the scuttle or trade it but my mom got it for me for christmas so I will never get rid of it.

dadvest likes this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I flip DE/SE blades after each shave. Can't tell if that's made any difference whatsoever in shave or longevity. Probably just a neurosis on my part but it makes me feel better.

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I much prefer homemade chili and spaghetti as leftovers.

Not shave related, but it's true.

dadvest likes this.
  11. Picky

Picky New Member

Let`s see...I simply LOVE the Italian canned goo by Tesori d`Oriente and their eau de toillette, both dirt cheap in a package.They outperform 10x more expensive EDTs easily, but crud, no protection during the shave, it is a canned goo, after all, but I would prefer it over ALL shaving soaps in the world.A wetshaver loving the canned goo, this was too much and I was afraid to confest.

12. mjemec

mjemec Well-Known Member

I flip it after 2 shaves and usually throw it away after the fourth.

Ma deepest shaving secret: sometimes I don't feel like shaving with a DE so I whip out my brother's can of goo and a Mach 3 or Fusion just to get it over and done with.

13. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

I prefer day-old cake that's slightly stale to fresh cake.

14. Skijumper

Skijumper New Member

Same, I'm a racer and have been shaving my legs for years, got my first DE yesterday, tried it out on my face and loved it so much that I went for my legs since I was out of hair on my face to shave

I prefer thanksgiving leftovers to the actual meal, nothing like a mayo, turkey and dressing sandwhich

15. Tuco

Tuco Member

I wish I could shave twice a day.

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Do your normal shave in the morning.
    Take the blade out and "shave" again in the evening.
    I've never done it, but, boy, have I been tempted. :biggrin:

dadvest likes this.
  17. Tuco

Tuco Member

LOL.

18. techjunkie

techjunkie Member

OK, I'll confess to this one too.. Back when I first started with straights and the RAD kicked in... But when that ran out of hair, I *once* shaved around the flag pole... *with a straight*. Looking back at that one, I wouldn't do it again... slippery, soap covered hands holding "things" out of the way, stretching stuff that could have snapped back into place if I'd lost grip... Could have resulted in some rather unpleasant results.

dadvest likes this.
  19. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

haha that made my day. But ya... I think a straight in my hands wont touch any part of my body... However with practice i can probably get my face :) but that is my limit.

20. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

I need a 2nd or 3rd job to satisfy my RAD! I dream about razors and brushes and creams and want my own bathroom to store and display them. I cringe at the sight of my daughters and sons razors I have gotten them and know that they don't clean them as lovingly as I do mine. They don't understand my OCD concerning my razors... there's more but way to dark...