Your deepest, darkest shaving confession

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by gorgo2, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Colonel Mortimer

Colonel Mortimer New Member

Hmmm...

Okay here goes...

Round about 12 years or so ago I received a freebie shower razor to try - can't recall the name of it or who manufactured it - or even how I came to get it sent to me.....
    But the general idea was that it a marketing trial - presumably to gauge interest and whether the company in question should proceed with mass marketing the product.

I recall it being a bulky plastic shaver and the idea was that it was used in the shower without the need for any extra gel, cream or soap as it had a gel ring around the shaving face (best way I can describe it).

Anyway I recall being in the shower and had finished shaving my face and thinking that it wasn't the worst shave I'd ever experienced but by no means the best.

But then an odd logic started to take root in my mind (I'd like to be able to say right now that episodes such as this are a one off - but I'd be lying).
    My thought process (which seemed perfectly rational at the time) was this " That wasn't a bad shave - but not great... hmmm.. doubt I'll use this again, but looking at the razor the majority of the gel ring lubricator is still present". Now I hate waste but due to the design of the product couldn't pass it on to someone else to use after I had used it. It was at this point my brain got creative in order to avoid wasting the product and recalled watching the Tour De France coverage some weeks earlier... "you know what?" my brain said to me, "those cyclists don't have a hair on their body - that makes them streamlined and quicker as a result!".
    I know what the sane populous are thinking but it all made perfect sense - don't worry I didn't shave my legs - he he I do have some masculine pride - and don't panic! I definitely wouldn't trust myself just going just a little further north with a razor:scared011:
    No the result was that in a moment that I have put down to temporary insanity my chest and arm pits were duly shaved - not something I would recommend or am proud of (just in case you were considering it) as it itches like a bugger growing back and to be honest this was something I had forcibly "forgotten" until I saw this post title.

There you go my confession , please tell me my penance father and am I forgiven?