Your favorite car/bike model is...?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by engrsaks, Oct 5, 2015.

1. benz.jpg The Mercedes 300D, I have well over 300,000 miles on this one and it's easy to maintain. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross country if I had to.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  2. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

My old 1968 Chevy Camero "Gold-On-Gold-In-Gold" 6 cylinder, stick-shift "on the column!" THAT, was a "ME" car! It'll never be the same!

3. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Underrated classic....along with the similar buick regals

FatherofSquirrel and engrsaks like this.
  4. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

1935 chevy 1/2 ton. My grandpa had one I learned to drive in. wasn't in good shape like this one but its a sexy truck.
    GEDC0259.JPG

1987 Honda rebel 450 "bobbed" Had one alot like this when I lived in Florida. I paid almost nothing for it and sold it for almost nothing but now they cost amazing amounts of money. Best mix of power and weight I've ever seen on a bike.
    thum_22244a6a326fe0a1a.jpg

macaronus, ObiDon and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpeg My all time favorite bought it new. 1986 Corvette Z51, aluminum heads, K&N intake, Borla exhaust, 3 piece aluminum wheels, with 315/40 Michelines. Stick, of course, 4+3. Had it up to 155MPH on the way back from Austin on an early Sunday morning, a long time ago, no drama. It was like driving a big go cart, with those huge tires and wheels. I miss that one.

6. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I'm with Kerry on this one. This was my first, and still my favorite, car. My 1973 Super Beetle on Daytona Beach. The custom paint job was done by me in my garage and a couple cans of Rustoleum! Had a factory 'crank' sunroof and front-mounted CB antenna!
    [​IMG]

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I used 6 cans of blue! Great cars.

Herm2502 likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Off topic. $295 free shipping!
    image.jpg

macaronus and Herm2502 like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

does this mean it will be monitored in the Nationwide Box Tour lll?

macaronus likes this.
  10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

... except in the cold. Never could get the windows defrosted.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

550 Spyder, but will settle for a Boxster Spyder if we are talking recent production.

In two wheels, I have always liked the lines of the BMW K100RS. I'd be interested in taking a Zero DS for a spin as well.

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Date code N.

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:D

macaronus and Herm2502 like this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

BULLITT, then BLADE.

15. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

Mighty GTO - Jan and Dean
    Little GTO - Ronnie and the Daytonas

Greg W.

16. Jay S

Jay S Active Member

[​IMG]

macaronus likes this.
  17. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

I am still driving my 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood, with 190,000 miles. It's the last Cadillac rear wheel drive, with an old 350 C Inch, fuel injected. It's a combination of old scho0l and modern.
    I am debating if I should look for an estate sale selling the same or look for a newer model.

engrsaks likes this.
  18. I'm biased towards the large Mercedes, but you shouldn't have an issue finding a replacement Caddy. For some reason large sedans don't hold their value, but they are generally well maintained and garaged. I recently drooled all over one of these for just under $4000, but I just can't justify another car at the moment.[​IMG]

19. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

Bradley Buckeye,

I agree large sedans are the best buy around. The full size Ford and Mercs are the best buy in a used car, by far. {These are also the cop cars.}
    However, the RWD Fleetwoods arn't in large supply, but yes the price it right.

Bradley Buckeye likes this.
  20. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Favourite car: Renault 4 (was in fact SWMBO's car but then we only had one, so I drove it as well)

r4.jpg

Favourite bike (the one I currently own: SMC 50cc, a replica of the Honda C50 Super Cub). A great ride! I put bar-end mirrors on it to have a better view at what happens behind.

super grover.jpg

Coveted car: Morris Minor 1000 Traveller (AKA Woodie)

woodie2.jpg

Coveted motorbike: 500cc Royal Enfield Bullet
    royal enfield.JPG

wristwatchb and FatherofSquirrel like this.