Your favorite car/bike model is...?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by engrsaks, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Bymainer

Bymainer Active Member

BMW K75 - love my baby [​IMG]

barbersurgeon and macaronus like this.
  2. bharvey60

bharvey60 New Member

Two of my current rides. Merc C300 and 85 Yamaha FJ 1100

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444536062.428823.jpg

Bymainer likes this.
  3. Bymainer

Bymainer Active Member

Love it BHarvey- I am revisiting this thread, and think I have to include one more. The BMW is def my favorite touring bike, but my V1100 Shadow is certainly my favorite cruiser. My best buddy, who passed away just a little I've a year ago left it to me. I kept him in my heart and made it my own with a full make over. GBNF MC 2014- I'll try to get a pic now that it is finished/ looks way better IMHO

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    DLP and macaronus like this.
  4. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I vote for the Pan European ... the sporty sibling of the Goldwing.

5. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

[​IMG]
    And may I present to you, the reason I cannot afford anything.

wristwatchb, Bymainer and macaronus like this.
  6. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Thats awesome.. I cant ride a bike longer than an hour before getting really tired =P

7. Omelmad

I dont have a favorite really.

I like big cars and I like Audi and Volvo cars. Some day i might buy one of the Audi Q series or maybe Volvo XC series.

Audi Q7 is the dream. BIG and powerful car. I dont know much about cars, but i Love the things I do know about it. Its expensive$$$ but im allowed to dream

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    Bymainer and macaronus like this.
  8. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

The Pan-E is a great bike. But, I prefer 4 lane highway cruising over ripping through the mountain passes. I think the Pan-E is great for the former and the GL is great for the latter.

Who doesn't love a great BMW? My second choice on bikes is the BMW K 1600 GTL.

Bymainer likes this.
  9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

We don't have as many four lane highways as you, I think. A Goldwing is too big for our cities, in my opinion. The Pan rides more sporty than the looks would suggest, despite the weight.

10. markjnewcomb

I agree. I ride my friend's Pan-E around town fairly regularly. If in Europe, my preferred bike would be the Pan-E. First, it weighs a lot less (331 KG [729 lbs] for the Pan-E vs 407 KG [897 lbs] for the GL1800). Second it turns easier and accelerates as quickly as the GL, and finally, it looks like it belongs in Europe in terms of style while the GL just looks big & bulky. Of course, there is always the MotoGuzzi Norge.

11. Jay S

Jay S Active Member

This was in New Zealand earlier this year, part of our year-long tour...

12. Omelmad

Ehmm.. Are you retired? How do you have time to do that?

I would love to try that out someday

13. Jay S

Jay S Active Member

Retired? Only in my dreams... I quit my job and my wife got a leave of absence. We're both back full-time and constantly thinking about being on the road again!

macaronus and Bymainer like this.
  14. Omelmad

Haha well, if you are going to do something while you rest up after quitting a job. That sounds like a perfect way to spend a year

15. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert on bikes by any stretch of my imagination, but there appears to be something missing on this one. :transport016:

macaronus and Bymainer like this.
  16. markjnewcomb

Your tires aren't invisible? I don't mind paying a little extra for the invisible ones. IMHO, it is worth it. :)

macaronus, Bymainer and DLP like this.
  17. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Man, I bet that makes other drivers look twice. :confused:

markjnewcomb and macaronus like this.
  18. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Miss read the original post. Or just didn't read.

Would pay surreal money to have my 86 brat back new.

The Boxster was sublime. The miata was just fun.

The land rover was very nice too...

macaronus likes this.
  19. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

My current car is a 2010 Honda Civic. It only costs me $20 to fill up, looks nice, low maintenance, and has a booming sound system.

My most coveted vehicle would either be a Willys Jeep ( I don't care if it's a military or civilian version) or a 1970 Chevy Chevelle with a 454 in it. But that's only when I become rich enough to not care about gas mileage.

I also wouldn't mind a Model T. My grandpa had one. Here's a story for you all. Back in the mid 50's, my grandpa took a few weeks off of work at Cat and took off on a road trip in his Model T. He took his dog Buddy, an Airedale Terrier. They left from Central Illinois all the way to NYC where he recalled going through a bad neighborhood in Harlem. He said he was playing his bluegrass music and Buddy was sticking his head out the window. When it was all said and done, he somehow made it all the way to Nova Scotia in Canada. That must have been a long ride with a lot of stops for maintenance.

macaronus likes this.