Your Favorite Cartridge Razor?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by PottyDoctor, Feb 5, 2007.

1. BrianM

BrianM New Member

Sensor. I've used it since it came out (15 years?). At the moment, it's reserved for travel shaving!

2. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Sensor was the last one I used prior to using DEs.. Not that bad..

3. Zachster

Zachster Member

I still find that my old Mach 3 will do in a pinch, when I'm in a real hurry. The M3 was definitely an improvement over the Atra that I used for a long time, but there are many cartridge razors I never tried that are probably better.

4. Pauldog

Pauldog New Member

In the USA, it goes by the name Tracer, Tracer FX, or FX Diamond. And it's probably my favorite cartridge razor. I like that the cartridges are very thin. And rather than having pivoting blades, the whole cartridge flexes around the skin.

It's gotten very hard to find now in the US, what with the shelf space now taken up by the Quattro and Fusion.

5. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

I use the Schick Extreme 3 for my head on a regular basis. two passes-ATG first, then WTG and some blade buffing leaves a smooth, kissable dome.

Using a DE on my head is out of the question-no flex,plus my head is much too round for success with one.

Marty

6. Ucliker

Ucliker New Member

I used the sensor and the Mach III both not bad, but haven't touched them in almost 2 years. The main reason for switching to a D/E was the cost and now i only use a straight mostly because i like the up keep! it gives me something to do.

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Ucliker!

8. Ucliker

Ucliker New Member

Thanks Joanna

9. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Hey U !

Thanks for dropping by.
    Tell all your friends......:D

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ever since I discovered the Parker 22R and the Dovo Bismarck, it's against my policy to even THINK of using a cartridge razor. I must say however, I was getting good shaves when I used a Sensor Excel. The Quattro was lousy, at least for me, the M3 Turbo wasn't too much better, and I never did try the Fusion. I did a short stint with the regular Mach 3, which I hated.

11. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Trac II. I tried all the new ones over the years, but always ended up back with my trusty Trac II. I haven't used the Trac II in over a year since I started proper shaving though. :p

Jordan

12. gymea

gymea New Member

I LOVE my Gillette Sensor (not Excel), and it's my goto one when I'm not using a DE. I've fallen in like (not quite love yet) with the Sensor3, I'll have to admit. Used to love the Mach3 (not Turbo) for a period of time. Schick Quattro and Quattro Power -- eh, take it or leave it, but wouldn't dish out the loonies to buy more blades.

Cheers,
    Jimmy.

13. BD1970

BD1970 New Member

Gillette Sensor Excel for me. I use mine every shave for a final pass & touchup after using my Injector. My DE has kinda fell my the wayside lately. :confused:

14. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

I had me a Sensor Excel shave this morning. I was in a hurry, but needed a shave, so I dabbed my brush in some J.M. Frasers and lathered directly on my face. Had a single pass shave with the Excel. Not bad, not bad at all.

Now, I do prefer my DE anyday, but I like to have the time to enjoy it and do three to four passes with nice warm lather. But the Excel fills a niche....IMHO! YMMV! ;)

15. Will

Will Nevermind

I have a Slant for that now! :D

16. PottyDoctor

I had one and sold it! They're a great razor....but when you've got tremor in your hands....well, just let me say it turns a morning of wetshaving into an 'adventure'.

So far I'm still able to use my HD and 1904 without too many problems. Imagine Edward Scissorhands with a Slant and you'll kind of get the picture! Yikes!!! :eek:

17. Will

Will Nevermind

OHHHHHHHH, sorry to hear about that.

Have you tried and Injector yet? They may help with unsteady hands.

18. PottyDoctor

I've had a couple of injectors and I like the way they feel but never been able to get a really good shave with them. Maybe I need to 'practice' a little more with them and give it some time. I love the feel 'in the hand' of the injector.

I do occasionally use a BIC Metal, which I would classify as a disposable version of the injector.

19. paydepst

paydepst Member

Gillette Atra

20. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

Schick FX Diamond

Schick FX Diamond was my favorite cartridge. Before that I believe it was Atra, but I'm going back a few years.