Your Favorite Cartridge Razor?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by PottyDoctor, Feb 5, 2007.

1. patrisVII

patrisVII New Member

Same here. Tried all the cartridges (except the 'powered' ones) and always came back to the Trac II.

BUT if we can include disposables here, then I will shout the praises of the BIC Metal from the mountain tops. It is one of the best shavers of any type and I am tickled that they're available again (only via the web, but still).

2. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Got a Fusion and Mach 3 in the mail for free. Tried them both the Mach 3 did better then the Fusion ever could hope to do. Went out and got a Sensor Excell before making the switch to double edge, the excell did better than any of the others. Double edge beat the sensor by a mile. I find that there is an inverse relationship between the price of the blade and the quality of the shave.

3. ZiggyDeath

ZiggyDeath New Member

I've tried Sensor Excel, M3 and Fusion. I would have to say that the M3 is my favorite of the bunch, Fusion cuts closer but it also makes it impossible for me to shave as frequently.

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Why is that your favorite cartridge razor?

For me the Fusion made me a bloody mess, the Mach 3 only made me a half mess while the Sensor did pretty darn well. Not as good as my Super Speeds though. No difference within the groups of cartridge razors, the Mach 3 Turbo was equal to the Mach 3.

5. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I liked the Mach 3. Fusion sucked old socks!

6. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

Tried them all at one stage and the Mach 3 is the best by a fair margin IMHO.I still use mine once a week for old times sake and it shaves as good as a DE.There is a lot of nonsense written on all wet shaving forums about irritation and bad shaves with Mach 3s.I think Gillette got it right as far as a great shaver goes and ruined it when they released their latest cash cow the Fusion.;)

7. I've been using the Sensor 3 for the longest time. I just ordered my first DE, though so hopefully that will turn into my everyday razor. I'll hang onto my Sensor 3 of course since I have a full pack of blades for it that cost me $15.

8. KenS

KenS New Member

I've got to say that my favorite carteridge razor is my Feather AC DX. That counts doesn't it? If not, I'll say Gellette Sensor Excelle.
    Happy Easter, Ken.

9. mika924

mika924 New Member

the best razor so far..

The best razor i have come across is hands down the rolling razor. . it literally rolls across your skin causing less irritation, and no red bumps, or ingrowns. The only catch with this one is you really have to re-learn how to shave.... Forget all you know of shaving with the stick razors, and learn how to really maneuver with the rolling razor. i am convinced this new razor will completely change the way the world shaves. you guys should really try it out. :happy102

10. sailorman

sailorman New Member

I learned to shave using a Sensor, and have stuck with it. Went to sensor excel. Now, I'm using a sensor excel handle, with sensor blades.

Going to DE shortly (as soon as everything arrives). I tried the Mach3, but it didn't do as well as the ol' sensor, so I've stuck with that.

11. soundsofscience

soundsofscience New Member

@mika924

Wow, I'm imagining something like one of those old fashioned reel mowers.

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :happy097

Welcome to The Shave Den!

13. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Ouch! I used to use one of those as a kid. It took me three years to figure out why my neighbor's mower made that loud noise.

:ashamed001

14. KenS

KenS New Member

Gillette Sensor. The flat handled one made for women gives good grip, and good control...for shaving your junk:D
    Sorry, there should have been a warning there:happy102
    Oh, you mean for the face? I don't use any carts for the face; it's either a str8 or DE.
    Ken.
    Running, ducking, and going into hiding.:rolleyes:

15. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Welcome soundsofscience!

16. Welcome to the Den ! Sounds of Science What are the Sounds of Science ?

17. scottyshorties

scottyshorties New Member

I'm ordering the rolling razor probably this weekend does anyone know about, i read up on it and it seems pretty good

18. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

First of all, Welcome to The Shave Den! Hope you enjoy it here and can benefit from all of the shaving info and knowledge to be found here.

As for the Rolling Razor, most of us shave with a double edge or a straight razor. Some do use a Mach 3 or similar from time to time, myself included. As far as I know though, the consensus seems to be that the Rolling Razor is a gimmick. That's certainly my opinion in any case. I'm not aware of any member who has purchased one. Personally, if I were going to buy a cartridge razor, it would be one of the tried and true models from Gillette or Schick.

I noticed in another post, that you mentioned razor bumps. I have never had a problem with those and have used a cartridge razor most of my adult life. However, I understand that, for those who do have that problem, the double edge (DE) razor is very helpful.

Let us know what you decide - and how you make out with whatever it is.

19. wkodgzeke

wkodgzeke New Member

I use Sensor3 disposables if I have only a few minutes to shave, otherwise I use my HD and enjoy myself

20. scottyshorties

scottyshorties New Member

thanks a lot for the input Michael, I'm definitely going to take your advice into consideration when i make my decision with what razor I'm going to stick with, ill be able to let u know how the rolling razor went for me on Monday thats when i should receive it