Your favorite soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Scorpio, May 28, 2007.

1. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Irisch Moos, Cella, a bunch of good soaps out there. Tomorrow I'll start a week with TSD Egyptian Spice, nice scent.

2. aubug

aubug Member

Valobra almond shaving soap, for me a little on the expensive side compared to Arko and TSD products I normally use but well worth the extra bucks for occasional use during the week :happy088, the smell is terrific and the lather fantastic.

3. theshaver

theshaver Member

So far i love Williams, but just got some Mitchells wool fat in the mail.

4. toughluck

toughluck New Member

Proraso, even though its all I really know I love it.

TSD Signature Scent should be in my mail box tomorrow though:D

5. Crag

Crag Member

My faves INPO are:
    Trumper's Violet & Rose
    La Toja Cuenco Jabon de Afeitar (Wood Bowl Spanish Version)
    TSD Violet Sandalwood custom scent
    Proraso White
    Yardley Vintage...MMM Good!
    Van Der Hagen Pink
    Harris Arlington

6. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Since this thread keep getting resurected, I'll reaffirm I still find MWF as my favorite. Speick shave stick and TSD Sginature are tied for my #2. Pre De Provence Verlain derserves an honorable mention.

7. MikeyDutchMaster

MikeyDutchMaster New Member

Here are mine :

Calani (Highland Honey, Dubai)
    Plisson
    Institut Karite

8. Sparticus 6/8

Sparticus 6/8 Member

Palmolive shave stick, 50 pence each and last ages :eek:

9. Lynn

Lynn New Member

My two favorites are Carecini and Castle Forbes. Both made huge suds with tons of cushion. They are not cheap, but fortunately, they last a really long time.

Have fun,

Lynn

10. Oberloser

Oberloser Well-Known Member

My fave list for the moment…

I Coloniali Mango – the Divine….no soap smells like her…
    L`Occitane Cade – La Noble…..smells elegantly restrained, lathers absolutely perfect
    Trumper Rose – just a beautiful scent combined with excellent shaving attributes
    DR Harris Lavender – followed closely
    ToOBS – Lemon – imho the one and only in citrus fragrance

Arko, Erasmic & Palmolive Stick`s as my daily workhorses

lookin`forward very curious about the american stuff......;)

11. rudyvey

rudyvey Member

Pen's EF (with tallow first)!

12. markb

markb New Member

Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Lemon
    Tabac
    Prairie Creations
    Queen Charlotte Soaps
    Speick Stick
    Palmolive Stick
    Irisch Moos Stick
    Arko
    Czech & Speake soaps
    MWF

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

There is a soap from Russia called "Dl'ya Br'it'ya", which means for shaving, and it is awesome. The lather is so rich and luxurious, and it has WONDERFUL skincare. The scent is a bergamot/lemon. Very, very nice stuff.

Attached Files:

14. Oscar

Oscar Member

I have tried only two soaps so far, VDH Deluxe and Col. Conk - Almond and I think I like Col. Conk better than VDH. Although, being Turkish and all, I had lots of straight razor shaves at barber shops that used Arko stick, but that was years ago and I was not paying particular attention to soaps at the time. So, put me in for Col. Conk.

15. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

You might want to grab a stick of Arko. I can't claim the scent is a favorite, but you'll be hard pressed to find another soap that shaves so well at a comparable price. Even at a much higher price most soaps don't shave as well, IMHO.

16. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

I recently learned that Old Village Barber is retiring and taking down their site soon. They make $5 glycerin based bay rum and alpine shave soaps which I used for years and loved, so I am stocking up while I can. I have not used it since I have cultivated my favorite list above, so I am curious how they stack up now. The scents were excellent for sure.

http://www.oldvillagebarber.com/Products.htm

17. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

The short answer to the question is: whatever soap I'm using :D But seriously, competition for the starting soap line up is pretty fierce but my favorites at the moment (in no particular order) are:
    VDH Deluxe
    Arko Shavestick
    Speick Shavestick
    Omega

Mitchell's Wool Fat and TSD English Fern are well on their way to being Fall/Winter favorites. In fact, my $10 says that Mitchell's Wool Fat will likely become a year round core soap before it's all said and done :)happy096 this stuff is what they call "the bar-none poo" where I come from)

TSD Coconut Lime Verbena and Iced Subzero are Spring/Summer Favorites

18. Oscar

Oscar Member

Actually, I have already asked a friend who's in Turkey right now to grab a stick for me. If you go to a barber shop in Turkey, Arko shave soap is all you will ever find; no competition whatsoever...

19. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

And this time around with this thread.... Klar Kabinett is my fave!

20. jaschuma

jaschuma New Member

1. Irish Twin Soaps Co. - My new favorite
    2. Mama Bears Rosemary Mint