Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite - I can warm up easier than I can cool down

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  2. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

camart1530557651822.jpg
    A bowl of Orlik Mellow Mixture in my Rossi Rustic Author. My first impression is a good one. I think I notice caramel and figs, but I'm still new at this. This is a keeper.

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

That sounds tasty! I enjoy a bit of sweet and touch of fruit. Orlik does good quality so I'm adding that to my list of things to try.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

Tdmsu likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Loaded my Comoy's Arcadia with PS Amsterdam for my morning cup of Community dark roast. The day started dry, but weather has now moved in. At least it's only heading to mid 80's.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera
    [​IMG]

5. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

camart1530641369193.jpg
    My first bowl of C&D John Parr. I used my Morgan One Anse. I noticed the vanilla and bourbon, but they did not overpower the tobacco taste. It smokes cool and dry with no drying time. My first impression is a good one.

BamaT, AGHisBBS, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  6. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

camart1530699067169.jpg
    I may become an Orlik fan. Racing green is very nice - I can detect a family resemblance to OGS, but it is different, and a keeper .

BamaT, AGHisBBS, RyX and 2 others like this.
  7. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

IMG_20180706_064228.jpg
    Enjoying a glorious morning with cool temps and low humidity. This was my first try of Cult Profile, and I like it. Easy smoking and less topping, but still tasty. I used my Morgan Bones Fat Author.

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Plain ole MM with Prince Albert for the drive into work tonight. Veddy nice. I have another kaywoodie on the way....wooo.

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  9. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

@wchnu, you and I had the same taste today. Except mine was for the drive home from work today. MM cob and Prince Albert[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, BamaT, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That pipe has seen a few places eh?

Brickman301 likes this.
  11. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

I wish I could say it has been, but it hasn’t. I purchased it about a month ago. I don’t like the yellow finish MM uses, so I stained it with leather stain, to give it that well loved look.

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It worked...lol

AGHisBBS, RyX, Tdmsu and 1 other person like this.
  13. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Maybe I need to revisit Racing Green. It is sometimes described as a semi-aromatic, but to me it was a full on aro, just not gooped up with PG. It’s been a while since I tried it, maybe some additional time in a jar, along with some additional drying time will change my mind.

14. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

0BEF333C-7696-46E6-8E77-997D90E8BFC1.jpeg
    PS Cube cut in an old straight Bulldog counter pipe. It has a amall putty fill, but smoking quality isn’t affected. One of my early pipes, before I really knew what to look for. I was pretty lucky in my selections then, as some of my first pipes had some flaws but most were pretty well drilled and putty fills weren’t major defects.

15. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

With the demise of McClelland, I’m considering a couple of C&D blends, in particular Oak Alley. What’s your overall take on C&D? Have you tried any of their other offerings?

Tdmsu likes this.
  16. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

This was my first bowl of any C&D, so I don't think I'm qualified to help. I do like John Parr. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on Oak Alley, too.

17. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

It seems like OGS with a little vanilla topping to me - I agree it's not goopy at all .

AGHisBBS, BamaT and RyX like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thanks for the inspiration! Loaded mine in a Peterson System. Jar of PS Cube Cut got pushed behind & out of sight, and resurfaced while helping my daughter ditch the Morleys. She chose the Pistachio aromatic from the back of my cabinet.

[​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

AGHisBBS, Tdmsu, BamaT and 1 other person like this.
  19. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

camart1531133977361.jpg
    A bowl of Watch City Crumble in my Morgan Bones Author. My first impression is meh. It's ok, but not one I'll reach for often.

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I smoke C&D good stuff.

Yesterday for ride to work. Prince Albert in a Bari.

[​IMG]

Erik Redd, Tdmsu, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.