Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

A good thing about the Cherrywood shape is it's a sitter.

BamaT, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  2. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

2fbc49e2-eba7-4c5d-8877-a0b89f54be90.jpg
    Some BRM in my Morgan Bones Fat Author and a good book, currently The Fireman by Joe Hill

RyX, AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

From a couple days ago, OGS in the Rossi Prince.
    POTD 10032018.gif
    Earlier today did a little community service work. Cut plywood and enjoyed H&H Anniversary Kake in the Tomas Cristos. I've kept the glass jar tightly sealed, but pull some and let it dry before enjoying. I'm tempted to spread the rest of it on newspaper for a good dehumidify.
    POTD 10072018.gif

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and Tdmsu like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Got in some mowing time in my fathers Satsuma Orchard today. Took a moment to sample the citrus. It's starting to sweeten thought still quite tart. In the Old-Vic is PS Natural Dutch Cavendish.
    POTD 10082018.gif I don't often do Fuzzy Style Selfies, but I gave it a shot. Peterson System Army Mount with PS Cubed Burley.
    POTD 10072018 Cubed Cut Burley Peterson.gif

5. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

I agree. Was lucky enough to snag this smooth Author Baki...I bought brand new just to clarify big hunk of Meer taking a long time to color for me.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    BamaT, Tdmsu, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nice cool day and I'm enjoying a pair of jeans for a change.
    Also some PS402 Luxury Twist in the Stanwell 135.
    POTD 10182018.gif

7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Cool Saturday morning in central Alabama, had to don a jacket for this smoke. About half and half Dunhill Ye Olde Sign and H&H Log Cabin in an Eric Stokkebye 4th Generation with a nice cup of coffee. Living on the edge with a 7mm Mag as a tamp :). It’s actually a fired round with a bullet seated back in the empty case with the spent primer, and of course no gun powder. It does get some second looks!

781C87A4-AE69-4A1F-A529-0BDF851220B9.jpeg

AGHisBBS, RyX, Tdmsu and 1 other person like this.
  8. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I haven't smoked in a while as I struggle with allergies

RyX likes this.
  9. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that. Fall allergies cause me more problems than spring, with an abundance of goldenrod and ragweed close by. Hope you feel better soon.

RyX and Tdmsu like this.
  10. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Thank you, friend.

BamaT likes this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Golden rod in full bloom here in SWLA. Guess I'm not affected by that particular pollen. Enjoyed a Jobey 095 & Germains Brown Flake while puttering around town.
    POTD 10302018.gif

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Took a pipe along for the short ride to pick up my twin grand daughters.
    OGS in a Rossi Vittoria Prince.
    POTD 11012018.gif

13. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Found the box with my pipes and stands from back when I smoked. They are still beautiful I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now, are there places that buy whole herds of old pipes? If so, anyone know of such a place I could contact?

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

There are such places. I've window shopped via the internet but I'll let others chime in if they've had positive experiences to share and recommend. Dropping the whole lot may reduce your total investment recovery, but speed up getting the cash in your hands.
    You can list them here at TSD, might arrange trades for shaving gear.

The Comoy's are beautiful. I picked up a 2nd hand one at a local shop. Very impressed with the workmanship.

15. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I'd love to sell the whole lots but I actually have far more shaving gear than I'll likely use up in this lifetime.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 11062018.gif
    Yesterday afternoons Kaywoodie Supergrain and Erinmore Mixture.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Time to find a new hobby? Watches, cameras ...

18. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Sorry been there, done that, need to find homes for them too.

BamaT and RyX like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

There's this guy...

AGHisBBS likes this.
  20. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Sorry that you're leaving the hobby. There are a few businesses that buy whole collections, or list them on consignment. I can't say that I have done business with any of them but my first stop would be Steve Fallon, www.pipestud.com, pipestud@aol.com (254)744-9158. Another would be pipes2smoke.com, contact@pipes2smoke.com (888)782-1410. And yet another would be Blue Room Briars www.blueroombriars.com (937)303-9695 Scott@blueroombriars.com Jesse@blueroombriars.com.
    Please let me know how your transaction turned out, I am very curios as to how these things go.

BamaT, Erik Redd and RyX like this.