Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I might suggest some old Altoid tins. They have hinged lids, which would be handy. The original style Altoid tins are similar in size to the square tobacco tins. Some of the newer ones stand up and are tall versus flat, but still square with a hinged lid and would still be useful for your intended use.

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and RyX like this.
  2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My favorite meer on a lazy Saturday morning

RyX, brit, BamaT and 2 others like this.
  3. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Last Sunday’s pipe, H&H Louisiana Red in an Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Dark Porter. The Louisiana Red has been jarred for about 3 years, maybe 4. What a difference with some aging compared to when new! Smoother, more refined taste overall, slightly sweeter, and the Perique has taken on more of fruit flavor with a bit of spice and pepper, more of a condiment in the blend. When new it had more of an edge to it, with the Perique definitely more pepper. Going to try a few more bowls, and may order a pound to cellar.

86D411C2-35FF-46E6-B9C2-5C93AF929C2B.jpeg

4. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Didn’t think to take a pic this morning, but had some OGS in the Skip Elliott hand made.

RyX, brit, Erik Redd and 1 other person like this.
  5. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I find myself primarily using a cob pipe and Captain Black Gold. I smoke 1-2 bowls a week with some friends. It's a cheap, readily available option and my friends don't mind as they love the scent. I really enjoy the Orlik Gold Sliced, but it's not readily available here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RyX, AGHisBBS, BamaT and 2 others like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Prince Albert in a Savinelli on the way to work.

[​IMG]

The-Pipe-Smoker, Lo'Gosh, RyX and 3 others like this.
  7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Newminister 700 Superior Navy Flake in a Neerup Poker, with some Peruvian medium roast Arabica bean coffee. Nice way to start the day!

2F1C05B7-BFF8-4829-86CC-F42A54E2AC1E.jpeg

The-Pipe-Smoker, Lo'Gosh, RyX and 4 others like this.
  8. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

A couple of recent additions to my pipe collection: on the left is a bullmoose shape by Briarworks, while on the right is a Northern Briar, sort of a Dublin style. The Northern Briar is extremely comfortable in the hand, and is a great pipe, rivaling my Skip Elliot handmade for best smoking pipe in my collection. I like the bullmoose design and the stem on the bullmoose pipe, and bought it in spite of a less than perfectly drilled draft hole. The Northern Briar is hands down the better pipe, but it cost almost 4 times the Briarworks. The Northern Briar is every bit the equal of a Cavicchi; quality briar, well made, attractive, and perfectly engineered draft hole.

I met Ian Walker from England , maker of Northern Briar pipes at the Briary’s annual pipe show a couple of months ago. I am fortunate to live close to a quality pipe shop and have the opportunity to meet pipe makers like Ian Walker, Peder Jeppenson of Neerup pipes, Erik Nording, and Erik Stokkebye.

3E48F61A-6A14-4292-A425-DA52B0A157C8.jpeg

9. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Nice pipes!

brit, BamaT and Hembree like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My mom(and probably her sisters too)loved to do the "Hello, do you have Prince Albert in a can? " phone pranks when they were kids, lol

wchnu, RyX, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  11. Erik Redd

Is your refrigerator running?

12. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Yes it is! :happy102:

13. Paul Turner

Yes it is, but I ain't letting it out.

Hembree and AGHisBBS like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Oh my goodness..just picked up on that now...where's my mind? That's the new Prince Albert prank!!

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

The face - Celtic Green Man?

Erik Redd likes this.
  16. Erik Redd

I don't know what it is. It's one of a limited edition of 200 "Millenium" pipes by Ismet Bekler in the year 2000. I've always considered the facial features to be more feminine than masculine, but who knows?

17. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Is that a CAO meerschaum? I have seen that shape was wondering is the carver was Ismet Bekler.

AGHisBBS, BamaT and Erik Redd like this.
  18. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

My CAO meerschaum carved by the legendary Ismet Bekler. I walked into my local shop and this pipe had just been traded in (smoked once using a smoking bowl). When I saw it, I had to have it. Right now I'm smoking an aromatic (I love aromatics) called Oak Park.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  19. Erik Redd

Yes, it is. I bought it from Walker Briar Works a few years ago as an estate. His description is still on the site.

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/pipe2576ts.html

AGHisBBS likes this.
  20. Erik Redd

Sunday morning

[​IMG]