Your Single Most Favorite Soap or Cream?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by boyextraordinare, Sep 22, 2009.

1. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

If you could only have one cream OR soap for life, which would it be?

Not a question I'd normally ask as I like variety, but I must say, upon thinking about it today, my choice - in spite of my affinity for strong-scented lather - is l'Occitane's Cade SS.

For me, so far as performance is concerned, it's just one step above everything else. What's more, it's reasonably priced and available brick and mortar.

It better never undergo any adjustment because this puck of soap is bliss.

Another feature that continuously strikes me is how little I need to load my brush with Cade soap to produce an abundance of lather. Hitherto, I've invariably treated this SS like my other hard-milled ones, giving it approx. the same number of swirls, before going to bowl or face. The result is too much lather. I'm done after 2-3 passes and have enough for 2 more.

A+ - its lack of fragrance notwithstanding.

2. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I don't think I'm alone saying MWF.

3. jorgesei

jorgesei New Member

That's easy. La Toja soap. I have used it exclusevly for years

4. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

what about soap AND cream? I like my Williams + cream combo a whole lot. Williams + Noxema was downright wonderful. Williams + Rilanja is a close second.

5. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

oh my, I haven't thought of that one! Will have to try it tonight! (we're talking the Noxzema lather SC that Rolls was fond of, right?)

very hard to nail down a favorite either way, so many great ones, including many great ones I've yet to try.

As far as creams, I'll reach for my Proraso/CO Bigelow the most, since it's easily obtainable and inexpensive, though I think I like Noxzema more.

Soaps - oh good golly Miss Molly!
    Tabac is great...MWF is great...had a turn with Dr. Harris Arlington awhile back, it's great...TSD soaps are great...UAASCSC are great...Williams is very good...VDH is very good...haven't tried any of Krissy's soaps yet...

6. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

yes. the discontinued stuff.

7. CutMan

CutMan Member

Friend, I hope you'll share with us plebs where you get La Toja soap! And I mean a whole glorious cake, not the spindly shave stick.

Thank you!

8. PeterS

PeterS Member

Palmolive stick

9. du212

du212 Well-Known Member

Kaveh, I will bet for Arko as your preferred SS
    For me the TOBS avocado has been a great buy, I love it

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

For me, the favorite cream is Noxzema lather, the favorite soap is Irisch Moos.

11. shave baron

shave baron Member

SMN or AdP

12. jorgesei

jorgesei New Member

Something like this?

Attached Files:

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wow, that's nice!

14. Philq

Philq New Member

Mwf>>>>>>mwf>>>>>>>>mwf

15. J T

J T Member

I'm with you Eric.

16. jorgesei

jorgesei New Member

It is, indeed ;)

17. du212

du212 Well-Known Member

+1

18. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

l'Occitane SS, l'Occitane SS, l'Occitane SS!

19. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

Irisih Moos Shave Stick is currently my favorite soap

Connaught Spearmint is currently my favorite cream.

These are subject to change daily, weekly, or monthly.

20. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

I never thought I would say this, but having gone through several rotations now, I get the best shave with VDH Deluxe. I love the scents of TSD soaps and others, but if there were only one I had to choose, it would definitely be VDH Deluxe. And I like the scent a lot more now than when I first started using it. And really, price has nothing to do with it.