Your Single Most Favorite Soap or Cream?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by boyextraordinare, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

At present; Real Shaving Company moisturizing shave cream.

2. rbaloha

rbaloha Member

Soap=Tabac

Cream=Noxzema

3. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

You know, that's one helluva cream. Smart man!

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

One and only one? If I could only have the one, that would be a simple choice for me, my all time favorite.

5. tomholton1234

tomholton1234 Member

Proraso as it combines many aspects that I like about many different creams. But then again, I am still a noob with much to try.

6. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

Nancy boy signature.

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Bro, you think so much like me! :D

8. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

+1 on that one!!

Since I have received it last week, it´s my new favorite too :happy088

9. Abyssos

Abyssos Member

SCream : Kupa Classic
    SSoap : Proraso A&GT

10. hunnymonster

hunnymonster Member

So far (I'm only 14 months in) - it's Mitchell's Woolfat - and over here it's even quite inexpensive :)

11. houlejames

houlejames Member

MWF works the best for me.

12. rbaloha

rbaloha Member

Noxzema certainly lives up to the hype. Provides a close a shave as any soap with nice skin care. Its a shame production stopped. If it it was not for my inventory I certainly would make every effort to acquire more tubes.

Its difficult to imagine a cream that provides a better shave. Any thoughts crackstar?

13. Pureslab

Pureslab New Member

Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream

I went thru most of the others and for me this is the best stuff money can buy

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I prefer the old formula much better.. but YMMV.
    Fuzzy

15. Empty Words

Empty Words New Member

That's an easy choice for me, Mitchell's Wool Fat. The scent would get boring, but every shave would be great.

16. Chimensch

Chimensch Member

For me, La Toja is in a class all by itself. I don't like shave sticks so I use a grater to mill the shave stick into a bowl. It's the richest, creamiest most long-lasting soap I've ever used, even though I also like Cella and Tabac.

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It is so difficult for me to think of any cream that could actually outperform Noxzema. It is such extraordinary and special stuff.

18. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

I have a few Valobra sticks that I milled into puck form. It is really something special!!

19. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Call me pedestrian but I'm with the Gentleman from Arizona. My preference would probably be VDH Glycerin ideally, unfortunately though the only thing available locally in VDH is Deluxe (which is definitely a suitable substitute). One of these days though I'm gonna break down and buy the dozen pucks of VDH Glycerin on Amazon.com for $16. Then I'll be ready for shavepocalypse. I should probably do this sooner than later because the VDH Glycerin is probably on its way to being discontinued.

20. MaxP

MaxP Member

One? Just one? Impossible!