Your Top Five Scents!

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Trebor, Sep 6, 2009.

1. freebird

freebird Active Member

I only have 4 in the a/s cologne dept.

Bay Rum (Ogallala)
    Old Spice
    Cavendish Black (TGQ)
    Brut

Avon used to make one called Jamocha that I was partial to, it smelled sorta like coffee.

2. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

Bay Rum is my favorite; if I could only have one scent, that would be it
    I also love:
    English Leather
    Mama Bear's Masculine Musk (phenomenal)
    AV Musk
    Old Spice

The AV Musk had to grow on me. I kind of regretted buying it after using it the first time, but I've since come to really love it.

3. roosclan

roosclan New Member

My favorites tend to be the ones that get my wife's attention the most (in a good way!). Due to my sensitive skin, I have to stick with aftershave balms, as things with too much alcohol just burn way too much (goodbye Aqua Velva Musk).

Paul Sebastian aftershave balm (my wife terms this one a "panty dropper" [​IMG] )
    TSD Signature Scent aftershave milk
    my third is a mixture of TSD Cedarwood and TSD Egyptian Spice. My wife says the Cedarwood makes me smell like her dad's workshop (he's a carpenter), and the Egyptian Spice is "missing something," but combined... they're perfect.

4. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

Ranking in order of least (which is still pretty darn good to have made this lest) to best:

5. C.O. Bigelow Bay Rum
    4. Hugo Boss
    3. United Colors of Benetton Men
    2. Aqua di Gio
    1. Truefitt & Hill 1805

If I may, though, I've found that whatever cologne I wear, if I put on a 'base coat' of Pinaud Talc, it seems to heighten the scent and attract more attention of the positive variety.