Your top Worst shaving cuts:

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by tomholton1234, Aug 16, 2009.

1. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

I had a good one just the other day: I was stretching some skin on my neck to move it away from my Adam's apple. Just as the blade was coming into contact with my neck, the skin slipped out from under my finger and slid laterally across the blade.

That has been my worst DE shaving cut so far.

2. CaptainDave

CaptainDave New Member

My worst shaving cut wasn't on the face, it was on the leg

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yep, the legs are tricky little suckers.

But my worst cut was on my hip. One of my first straight razor shaves. Shaving in the shower, turned away from the shower stream with the straight in my hand without paying proper attention. Should have turned then brought the straight around. Dragged the blade across my hip. Didn't hurt really, though. And healed up quickly. No scar.

4. CaptainDave

CaptainDave New Member

I try to do everything when cycling season rolls around. I ran one across the shin, it was bad enough to keep me from riding for week.

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Oh, that had to be bad! :eek:

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ohhhhhhhh, my God---I cannot discuss this! :sick007 :sick007

7. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Do you race? I'm a recreational rider and have not shaved my legs. I had a pretty good wipe out once leaving a fair amount of skin on the pavement-that's when I realized why cyclists shave-hair+road rash=OUCH. It still didn't inspire me to take up shaving my legs. I know the pros do it.

8. TiberiuR

TiberiuR Member

Actually my first shave in my life was with a DE. My father's DE. I was 14 years old.
    I put shaving cream on my face, took the razor and shaved my cheek. I then proceeded with my chin. I didn't think of shaving from the lower lip downwards, but though of doing it from the sideways. Sound ok, but I made a crucial mistake and forgot to rotate the razor 90 degrees, so it just sliced across my chin area. :signs081. That sure hurt! After a week or so it healed up.
    But that didn't turn me away from DE shaving.
    So here I am waiting for that next great shave!

9. CaptainDave

CaptainDave New Member

I don't compete, but used to do a race every once in while during college. I only shaved to avoid the road rash, hair, scab, etc...

It's a million times easier to clean and heals up quicker.

10. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I got over-confident with my straight. A couple of weeks of no major blood loss got to my head. Removed a serious chunk of cheek. Didn't hurt much, but bled like crazy. Still have a small scar after several weeks.

11. TiberiuR

TiberiuR Member

Jesus...
    Removed a serious chunk of cheek. Didn't hurt much, but bled like crazy.
    Sorry man. But that surely sounds like something from a horror movie.

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oyyyyyyyyy, I will faint if that ever happens to me.........:sick007

13. bloodybill

bloodybill New Member

used to cut some moles on my face. so i had them removed last week.

14. Electric Shaman

Electric Shaman New Member

I find that I usually cut myself when I start going too fast while using short strokes. Got a moderate bleed on my neck doing that last night. I think I need to stick to slow, long strokes.

15. eurichs07

eurichs07 New Member

I guess I am pretty lucky but I don't want to jinks myself now.

16. ACE$&8s

ACE$&8s New Member

Mine was a straight razor mishap due to lack of concentration. As I was learning using only one hand (right) I had the razor on the left side of my face. I was using my left hand to stretch my cheek and my hand hit the handle causing the blade to shoot upward and then down across my lower lip at a 45* angle. It was one nasty cut. I looked like I took a hard right right. Guys at work thought maybe I took one for the team. They all thought it was pretty funny when I told them what happened. Believe me I am much more cognizant of blade, handle, hand orientation.

17. Dobro7

Dobro7 New Member

Caualties of war

Caualties of war

18. red71veloce

red71veloce Member

Well mine just happened about oh....20 minutes ago. I have been shaving with various equipment for 30 + years. I have wet shaved off and on for the entire period. I only in the last year however have been using a DE. My blood drainage equipment consists of a Cooncat Bob Bull Mastiff using a Gillette "New Style" head loaded with a Kai blade.....love it! Tonight after another 12.5 hour work day I thought I would use TOBS Avocado cream and have a relaxing shave. I thought maybe I'll change the direction in a spot or two to see if it helps with a more comfortable shave.....bad move. took out a 1/4" to 1/2" divot out of my face next to the corner of my mouth. As I type this, I am on my second band-aid. Guys are going to give me crap at work tomorrow.....for another 12.5 hours!

Funny thing is, I was just reading these stories earlier and thought....those poor guys!!

Tracy

19. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

I did it. My first finger cut from shaving.

My razor stays loaded while in its holder. I usually grab the top of the razor with thumb and first finger. Each finger grabs an end tab of the razor when I lift it upwards out of its.holder.

Last night I guess misjudged the razor and it was slightly twisted. That made my index finger grab the corner of the razor and nick the blade.

I knew right away and put some pressure on my fingertip and a bandaid so I don't get blood everywhere.

Stupid stuff.

20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I dropped the razor and cut my toe, in the shower.