Your top Worst shaving cuts:

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by tomholton1234, Aug 16, 2009.

1. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

5 stitches later[​IMG][​IMG] only cut so far hope its the last
    Slipped adjusting my Futur. Did a nice job not even a scar:happy088:

2. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

From long ago: While shaving, don't sneeze. I had to pull the razor out of my cheek. . . .

3. Joey Pellegrino

Joey Pellegrino Active Member

Right under my jaw, and I didn't even feel it, I moved my head the wrong way, when to relather and next thing I knew I have blood pouring down my neck.

4. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

My worst shaving cut was a particular spot on my chin. Every so often, I would cut it and the @!%$ thing would not stop bleeding. Grrrrrrrr!! The cuts were not really painful, but extremely annoying. That only happened with a cartidge and an electric razor. Since switching to a safety razor, that cut has never recurred. And no other serious cuts to boot.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  5. bbbbMMbbbb

bbbbMMbbbb Member

Oh man, I cut myself just under my nose too and I would have to say it was most definitely the worst cut. I brought the razor up to my upper lip to shave outwards from the cleft. Without really thinking about it, I relaxed my face while I still had the razor there and got a nice vertical cut. That guy bled like a geyser and stung like a paper cut from hell. Suffice it to say, I was wide awake after that. I was just not being careful enough.

6. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Two times on my jawline near left side of my chin. Deep painful nick. Same spot with the GEM OCMM and Gillette Tech. And on the back of my neck with the Featherweight.

7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I have been relatively fortunate to not suffer any serious cuts—mainly a few razor bleeders that resulted from getting nicked by the DE blade. In most instances, this has occurred in the same locations: throat on either side of the adam's apple. Years ago, however—when I was first learning to wet-shave, I had a 'sneezing fit' (during allergy season), while shaving so I paused to let the 'fit' pass. Thought I was done, and sneezed one-more time, explosively, as I was shaving my upper lip near my nose. Wound up with a nice slice on one nostril...very tender for some time.
    The only cut I've received when using a straight razor is a small horizontal slice (a very clean cut, by the way) about 3/16" in length that occurred as I was first learning to use an SR. A small twist of my head while the blade was on my cheek resulted in this slice. I learned very quickly not to do that....;)

8. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

And next in next week's news: Kevin loses an ear. :p

fram773 likes this.
  9. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Or worse- they don't call em cutthroat razors for nothing :rofl:

BigMark likes this.
  10. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Worse so far was when I sliced of a small bump on the side of my head I didn't know was there..freaking thing bleed for almost 9 hours and hurt for 4 days. Of course I am on anti-coagulants but 9 hours was just ridiculous LOL

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

If that were to happen, I doubt I'd paint a self-portrait…
    Vincent's selfie….
    [​IMG]

fram773 likes this.
  12. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Of course not. You'd take a selfie instead :p

13. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

About an inch , clean cut (the scar is still faintly visible after more than a year) and a nice cut on the ear lobe that went about half way in it, both courtesy of the shavette

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

An electric razor can cut someone?????????????

15. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

My old Remington electric got a hole in the screen that I didn't notice before I started shaving with it. I got a fairly impressive cut out of the experience.

16. digitaldome

digitaldome Well-Known Member

I was shaving East to West on my neck with my DE89 when my razor slipped out of my hand.
    I caught it when the razor fell North to South.
    A 1 1/2 inch gash ensued...bled like a pig. The scar is still there today :=))

17. Pop Pops Razor

Pop Pops Razor Active Member

The lip or the corner of the nose, never stops bleeding! !

18. Pop Pops Razor

Pop Pops Razor Active Member

I sure hope you cut your hand and not something else when that razor fell south???

19. digitaldome

digitaldome Well-Known Member

Gashed my neck :=) What a nitwit I am sometimes

20. theunnamed

theunnamed Well-Known Member

Thank God I had never got a big cut until now. I just cut my chin while shaving with my Henckels Friodur using my left hand. I was happy to see it fade in 3 days :D