Your worst product/gear?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by tuxxdk, May 15, 2013.

1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

What's your worst gear/product that you still own?

NB: If such a thread already exists, please kick me in the right direction. I didn't find any beforehand.

Having read and enjoyed the thread about best/most favorite product/gear, I thought it would be fun to see if you guys/gals have anything you regret having in your inventory. Not something you have owned, but something that you still own and for some reason hasn't kicked out yet or perhaps even plan to.

I'll start out:

- Noname Pure Badger from UK vendor. Prob. from China in the first place.
    It's too soft, too big and sheds too often. I'll keep it for other purposes, like cleaning.
    Will not buy again.

- Derby Extra Super Stainless
    Ohh...my...god...what a terrible blade! YMMV of course. I've seldom felt so sore and had such a bad shave. I could feel it on every pass, I don't even know why I finished my 3 passes with the blade.
    Will not buy again.

- Mühle Aloe Vera soap
    Not enough protection. I do love the scent though! After I've tried to melt it, it's become even worse, so it's now a bath soap until used up.
    Will not buy again.

- Matas Mens Sensitive Face Wash
    Great face wash, but too expensive. Their regular version is the same I presume, smells, feels and look the same at least. Often on offer also, which the "special" mens version isn't.
    Will not buy again.

- Sanex Men Dermo Sensitive After Shave Balm
    I thought I loved it. But the bottle makes it hard to get the, quite thick, "milk" out and somehow my skins becomes red and "ugly" up to half an hour after applied. After that skin feels and looks great, but given the caveats I'll stick with Nivea after this one is used up. It is cheap though, about half the price of Nivea.
    Will not buy again.

- Matas Mens Sensitive After Shave Balm
    It's just bad, quite useless actually. Using this forces me to use a moisturiser afterwards. Not enough skincare, unpleasant to use and not even that cheap. Will use up with an additional cream.
    Will not buy again.

- Prada "Amber Pour Homme" After Shave balm
    Can't say much of the skincare, but it's heavily scented with a scent I don't like that often. I don't use it and frankly I think I'll throw it out. It's just vasting realestate in my drawer.
    Will not buy again.

- Progress Vulfix shaving brush stand, cream
    - Progress travel tube 44x115mm
    - Soestrene Grene ceramic bowl
    - Various EdT's
    A few accesories that just doesn't do it for me. I can't put words on why. I might throw'em out as it's just using up cabinet space. I have alternatives for them all.

Why haven't I already thrown it all out when I don't like it? Well... I have already payed for it, and I hate throwing stuff out just like that.

The more I learn about wetshaving, the more I narrow my cabinet down to the stuff I like and be better to avoid the bad stuff in the future.

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

If you still have stuff you don't like, you can always PIF it here.

3. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

There is always someone out there who likes what you hate. Nearly everything that I disliked I was able to trade or sell to someone else. The one or two things that I was unable to off load for something better I ended up PIFing away. I have always been able to find a home for an unwanted product. Why let something go to waste when someone else might be interested?

JRod22 and Sara-s like this.
  4. tuxxdk

I'll definitely have to look into how to PIF. I'd much rather give it away than just throw it out. Of course.

Anyhow, looking forward to hearing similar stories - or perhaps i'm the only who keeps stuff I don't like? :-D

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I don't use/keep things I'm not satisfied with.

PanChango and JRod22 like this.
  6. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

If you don't like it, but don't want to eat the cost then offer it up in trade for other stuff. A soap or cream or after shave that you don't like could end up getting you a product that you DO like.

tuxxdk likes this.
  7. tuxxdk

Yes. I think I'll do just that. I have a post in the draft for another thread on that matter :)

(seems my topic in this thread here is a dud :D )

8. tuxxdk

Signature updated with stuff ready for trade :) thread can be closed now, I guess I was the only one clinging to unwanted stuff :)