Yukihana

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Unkei, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Unkei

Unkei New Member

Hello All,
    Just received my Yukihana Soap from The Shave Store yesterday. I got to try it this morning. It was a bit oversized diameter for my shaving mug, so my wife used a pair of sisscors to trim it to size. I just put the havings on top of the disk. It works up a beautiful lather and smells great! I just wish it was a bigger size, weight wise, because I think it will be gone quickly.
    I plan on ordering more soaps soon so I can try several.
    Unkei

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the soap, Dave.

Others have said a 1 oz soap sample lasts about 3 weeks of continuous use. So, a 2 oz puck should last about 6 weeks, I'd guess. But it would depend on how much soap you use per lathering, your brush, and other variables, of course.

Yukihana is the current Limited Run shave soap, and once it's gone it's gone. So, if you really love the scent you may want to pick up more.

Next time, you could just microwave the puck in your mug until it conforms. Short bursts, 5-10 second zaps. Not all soaps are microwaveable, but TSD soaps are.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

+1 That's how I do it. Keep your finger on the STOP button and hit it as soon as the soap starts to bubble up. If it's still not all melted, let it sit for a few seconds, then nuke it a bit longer.

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

The Yukihana is a great scent! I may just go ahead and swipe it from BG for a shave today or tomorrow....

5. 1+
    This Scent is Divine. I leave mine open by the sink between shaves. It has no problem keeping my Den smelling fab on top of giving great shaves..... :happy088