Yuma razor pass around, anyone?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by maltedmilk, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

I do apologize for the delay. I've been trying to put up a video I made About testing the urinal puck soap I received in the package but having technical difficulties. In lieu, I'm doing one last video for the Yuma before giving the final verdict

Bama Samurai and youngunn like this.
  2. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Who is the next person to get the "Odd" box? PM me an address and I will get it out in the mail on Monday.

I've used the Yuma three times -- twice for a "real" shave and once for batting clean-up on another shave. I used it for the third (and final) time today.

[​IMG]

Here are my overall impressions:

- the Yuma is generally better than its price would indicate.
    - however, I don't see myself buying one at this point in time. Unless it were a BestShave add-on to get me past my $50 free shipping threshold.
    - it's cheaply made and suffers from some quality control issues but would work in a pinch. It might make a good spare travel razor, since it is lightweight.
    - it seemed to me to work better ATG or XTG than WTG. Using it WTG felt like it wasn't cutting any whiskers.
    - it's more forgiving than some aggressive razors I've used, but not overly mild, at least on what I judged to be the more aggressive side of the razor. But I felt like I was probably inadvertently using too much pressure because the razor is so light.
    - it's cheap looking but not as bad as I had imagined it might be.

So where would I place it in my final analysis? I would put it somewhere between the RiMei and the JunJie razor in terms of both razor quality and effectiveness. I guess for my $3, I would rather have a JunJie, which is a step down in terms of quality but has a relatively heavy handle and good balance.

Is it the worst razor I've ever used? No, certainly not. (That award goes to every SE razor I have tried... LOL.) But would I look forward to another Yuma shave? Only if I had no other options.

So there's my rather wishy-washy review of sorts. Not the most well-written treatise ever... But as I write this, I realize that a sloppy review that gets the point across without quality control is probably quite apropos for the Yuma. :)

It's been a fun experiment, though. And the soap was definitely the highlight for me!! Who put the soap together, again? And what were the ingredients?

More importantly, who gets to be the next victim recipient?

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The Yuma rolls on...nice work Eric!

Justin Linker likes this.
  4. Justin Linker

A little disclaimer: This video is incomplete by like 10%. I forgot about Youtube's 15 minute limit and the video stopped recording 15 minutes in (which is the bulk of it as the remainder was like 3 minutes) this is my final review for the Yuma. The ultimate challenge here. I still have another video I made that I will upload once I get my laptop back.
    Its been a blast. Its a very nice razor. Please remind me who's next on the list, if anyone and I will send it on.

youngunn and Darkbulb like this.
  5. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I believe its @FlightMedic

6. Shotwell

Sending a PM to @Medicus Ille for sending the Odd box to him next.

7. Justin Linker

Here's the long awaited video about my experience with the urinal soap!

youngunn likes this.
  8. Shotwell

No word yet from @Medicus Ille -- he's next on the odd list but I haven't heard from him.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  9. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

Sorry Guys I've been a little tied up for the last month or so and it probably won't be improving any time soon so please pass the box along to the next guy and if things settle down I will try and jump back on the list in the future.

10. youngunn

Another good video, you are more man than me for putting that crap on your face!

11. youngunn

I finally watched this all the way through. I got nervous watching you with the shavette. Lol

My beard is so coarse that the hairs would just catch and tug, I would have never gotten through it like you did.

Good reviews Justin.

12. Shotwell

Bumping this... I am still in possession of the "Odd" box with the Yuma and IdC soap and assorted blades. The next recipient seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, and there is not an alternate. Anyone know who gets this thing back? It's just waiting here to be shipped off...

Darkbulb and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  13. Shotwell

Bumping this... I am still in possession of the "Odd" box with the Yuma and IdC soap and assorted blades. The next recipient seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, and there is not an alternate. Anyone know who gets this thing back? It's just waiting here to be shipped off...

14. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    I wasn't expecting anything back. I vote you keep it until someone resurrects this thread ... OR ... you decide you need the room. If you need the room, I vote you PIF it to anyone of your choosing ... OR ... if it's all more bother than you like, send it to file 13.

Looks like this social experiment may have run its course. :( It was a pretty good run, though! :happy088:

15. Shotwell

Sounds like a plan. I may give it another shot here :)

16. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I think this is a game, and whoever gets stuck with the Yuma must continue to use it forever, or until someone else wants to try it and then you can be free of its curse.

17. Justin Linker

I'm still in possession of the Bluma. Looks like I too have no more recipients

Darkbulb and Shotwell like this.
  18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Maybe it's time to take it out back behind the house.... :)

19. Desi

Desi New Member

Its a shame this is US only or I'd be in.

20. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

Too bad this petered out. It was fun. I guess if I had to find an upside, this pass-around was how I found and fell in love with Treet Black blades... so that's good, have bought 100 because of this... the downside is that I wish I would have thought to break off a hunk of the IDC soap!

Justin Linker likes this.